New Release - WD TV Live Hub Firmware Version 3.12.13 (7/23/2013)

Ripping my dvd/blueray with pavtube bitecopy to mkv files

When playing my the blueray (mkv) on wd tv live hub I get no subtitles even it shows the subtitles as available in the menu top left of the screen.

I should state that the subtitles works perfect on other mediaplayers for the same blueray (mkv) files

any hint ?

What format are the subtitles?

Thx for fast reply

They are in HDMV/PGS

PGS subs must be zlib compressed, double check that.

1 Like

Works - thx - used pavtube conversion to dvd subtitles

WDTV619 wrote:

Any word on updates ? I think I read something about the TVDB and TMDB API changing and the reason why fetching is not working in some cases.

There are no new firmware updates planned for the Live Hub at this time.

1 Like

and you just killed all happiness in Happy New 2014 :slight_smile:

foetus wrote:

and you just killed all happiness in Happy New 2014 :slight_smile:

:cry:  Mia culpaā€¦

http://youtu.be/KG7Bs_BCC5w

One of my all-time favorites.

http://www.amazon.com/Enigma-MCMXC-Complete-Album/dp/B0000CA1HB

1 Like

Bill_S wrote:

WDTV619 wrote:

Any word on updates ? I think I read something about the TVDB and TMDB API changing and the reason why fetching is not working in some cases.

There are no new firmware updates planned for the Live Hub at this time.

:cry:

The live hub disappeared onĀ  WD page :cry:
http://www.wdc.com/en/products/homeentertainment/mediaplayers/

I guess we can definitely not expect any firmware updateā€¦

time to look for another player now.

Yes, firetix

no new firmware updates planned for the live hub *at this time* (Bill posted the info a week ago)

official: http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Discussions/New-Release-WD-TV-Live-Hub-Firmware-Version-3-12-13-7-23-2013/m-p/659491#M26745

but in all honesty, it wonā€™t stop me from watching / enjoying my movies (in fact, i stopped trying firmware updates a long time ago)

Iā€™m perfectly happy on 2.07.17 :smiley:

P.S.Ā  My Panasonic HTDV was discontinued 18 months after I bought it ā€¦ So no new firmware updates as well (most were online services fluff ā€¦ where have i seen that before Ā :wink: )

doesnā€™t mean I should sell a perfectly good TVĀ  and buy another newer brand (that will ultimately suffer the same fate eventually)

But, hey i understand ā€¦ itā€™s disappointing, but thatā€™s life and electronics :neutral_face:

But remember ā€¦ there is still a forum here for the Old WDTV Live / Live PlusĀ  :dizzy_face:

And itā€™s still active.

JoeySmyth wrote:

but in all honesty, it wonā€™t stop me from watching / enjoying my movies (in fact, i stopped trying firmware updates a long time ago)

Iā€™m perfectly happy on 2.07.17 :smiley:

P.S.  My Panasonic HTDV was discontinued 18 months after I bought it ā€¦ So no new firmware updates as well (most were online services fluff ā€¦ where have i seen that before  :wink: )

doesnā€™t mean I should sell a perfectly good TV  and buy another newer brand (that will ultimately suffer the same fate eventually)

Except that the current last official firmware is still quite buggy - favorites bug, random crashes/hard resets.

The Netflix app will also never see the latest version - multiple account options, SuperHD, fix the stuttering.

A disappointing way to end a product and doesnā€™t leave a very good impression for trusting any future media product from WDā€¦IMO.

Mister_E wrote:

Except that the current last official firmware is still quite buggy - favorites bugs, random crashes/hard resets.

The Netflix app will also never see the latest version - multiple account options, SuperHD, fix the stuttering.

A disappointing way to end a product and doesnā€™t leave a very good impression for trusting any future mdeia product from WDā€¦IMO.

As i said, iā€™m on old Firmware 2.07.17 ā€¦ glad iā€™m not running ā€œLatest Firmwareā€

• I donā€™t use Favorites (whatā€™s the point ? ā€¦ upgrade firmware / factory reset / clear media library ā€¦ deletes them )
  • I donā€™t have random crashes or hard resets on the firmware iā€™m running  :smiley:
  • I donā€™t have Netflix   :stuck_out_tongue:

You donĀ“t have Leanback too, so it does not crash occasionally :slight_smile:

I am having some problem with my WD TV Live Hub unit - internal storage could not be seen or identified. Message says that ā€œThere is no media in the current folderā€ everytime I try to select the Internal Storage. What can I do to fix this? Please email back Thank you

I HATE this thing. I moved from the Live and at that time the Hub seemed so awesome. Now all I want to do is smash it into a million pieces. It has gotten to be more of a headache with each firmware and each day. This ā€œinvalid passwordā€ for network shares at absolutely random times makes me want to strangle someone to death. Today it will only work at 480p and claims no other resolutions on my P60VT60 are supported. **bleep**? I will never buy another WD streamer again. I own 9 WD hard drives in my house and WD is like Seagate when it comes to media streamers - absolute **bleep**. Iā€™ve never owned such a frustrating product in my life.