New Release - WD TV Live Firmware Version 1.06.43 (1/17/13)

Hi,

I’ve got 3 hard disks.

Can plug in a USB HUB with this firmware?

Thanks!!!

After 5 minutes upgrading find FIRST and sad BUG!!

Seek DON’T WORK and back to menu with playing certain .M2TS files…

Why WD TESTERS don’t test the final update before public???

Downgrading to 41 version…

:frowning:

It’s very sad WD.

I have 3 TB hard drives and my WD live doesnt recognize them now!!!  HELP!!! Any fix soon???

After update i power ON player and its wrote NO SIGNAL. I plug it over hdmi…

How can i get signal back? :cry:

I updated yesterday and now I can no longer watch MKV files encoded in 1080p. 720p files are just fine, but any 1080p content throws up a message that says it is not supported. I know for a fact that these files worked just fine before the update. Is this normal? I am outputting to a non HD TV across the standard composite cables by the way if that matters at all. If anyone has any advice on how to get 1080p files working again, I’d really be appreciative. Thanks.

Yes I can confirm the same issue … can’t connect to a hidden wireless network.

I don’t think the issue is a hidden network provides “no protection whatsoever”.  I think the issue is that any network device should be able to connect to them and that if they don’t… it’s clearly an issue.

Here also problems. Very slow loading, but…! When I stopped for example a film, the next time he doesn’t give me the chance to go back tot that point! Very dissapointed!!!

Ranxan wrote:

I have 3 TB hard drives and my WD live doesnt recognize them now!!!  HELP!!! Any fix soon???

I got the same problem. 3TB support seems broken with the new version :frowning:

t88132 wrote:
I don’t think the issue is a hidden network provides “no protection whatsoever”. 

The issue is why use a feature if it has no benefit whatsoever?

network issue’s  also posted in network problems

mayby it helps for some of you  

How to properly configure your computer, to connect to your media player win7/8  

Make sure you have the network name exmpl: HOME;

go to networkcenter > advanced settings for sharing

network detections: on

files printerformat: on

public folder sharing disabled: on

options for media streaming: disabled  (block all)

128 bits: on

password protection: disabled

use user accounts and passwords: on

*the comp, will probably ask you to sign out, don’t do this.*

next step:

disk sharing: off

(create a folder to put in the films)

go to the folder properties

then tap security > 

advanced > change permissions 

then remove the tick at inhertible permissions of object parents

remove the names in the window .

then click add > add everyone (check all the names)

put a tick next to the:

following rules  doubleclick on the name  >a new windows opens.

Fill in the Remarks>

Browse throug  files/execute file>

See maps/ reading data>

Read remarks>

Exetended remarks>

Read permission>

Then  administrators > check names

Put a tick at: Fully  administer

After that pt your own name  to it

The same as adminstrator

Everything apply  and ok to it./

After that   same file> flilesharing > advanced( under properties file>( sharing en advancedsharing)

Put the name of the file to it (movies)

Now you can see the file is shared

Reboor wd player

Look at network settings 

Look if   next under eachother stand

ON

HOME 

ON

Autoplay  OF

Go to video > networkshares> name of  PC  > enter OK 

Now you can see several discs without filling the password or login

After you rebooted your WD you can switch several disc  back to shared

Download the wd link tool and instal it 

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=1003&sid=110&lang=en

after that you can set mediasteaming   ON 

note :take care of your firewall that it gives permission 

by the way so far so good everthing works properly  exept"  you tube leaning "

but i don’t use that very often  …

mayby it wil do so  after several boots.  lets hope…

subtitles  are showing again   .   

Strange, but I cannot choose audio tracks with this firmware. My media is accessed through UPNP and it is a DVD. I can see all 4 audio tracks in the DVD and I can choose any of them, but audio is not changed, stick to the first one. Now I’m back to 1.06.34, and everything is back to normal. 

I updated OTA, so I will check if there will be any differences if I download the firmware and update through the usb drive.

Can I get someone to confirm or deny the problem I mentioned on the previous page?  1080p MKV videos not working for anyone else after the update?  I would assume if this was a widespread issue it would have been brought up by now.  Should I try to reflash the firmware, or roll back to a previous version, or something else?  Can someone give me a little help here please?

@ ElNacho

As far as i am concerned, i have no problem to play 1080p MKV videos.

But videos take longer to start, previously it started immediatly now i have to wait for a few seconds. This problem is for SD and HD videos.

I’ve updated the firmware trying to fix an issue with HDMI audio not working. It’s not a matter of cable since the same cable works when connected to other TVs. Anyway I have the same problem with the new version of the firmware. As a matter of fact things are even worst. Before upgrading the firmware I was able to use the stereo output. The audio output was low, but with the TV volume set to the maximum level the audio sound was acceptable. Now with the stereo output there’s a background noise that doesn’t allow to hear any audtio at all.

My TV is a SHARP AQUOS LC-37GA8E.

Any hint ?

thanks

Massimo

I guess it’s better to wait and not update yet…which was the mistake I made last time.

EDIT: setup: WD connected thru network switch to powerline ethernet adaptors to router.
WD MyBook World Edition NAS attached to router - Network Share anonymous/no password.
No requirement for PC

Having network shares auto logon ON in network setup completely disables my WD TV Live HD’s ability to access network shares.

If set to OFF, the device will ask to log on to network share every time. Annoying, but now network shares somewhat functional.

Alternatively, auto setup network in network settings every boot. Once again, annoying but functional.

I tried this sequence:

• Clear Logon information
  • Set Auto Logon to OFF
  • Settings - Network Settings - Network Setup - Auto
  • Connect to shares with proper credentials
  • Set Auto Logon to ON

This yielded:
Device saved network share details for 1 soft power cycle (from remote control), network shares worked fine, then failed with no response to selecting network shares icon on subsequent soft power cycles.

I thought this may just be an aberration so tried again.

The device saved the network shares info for 2 soft power cycles then failed on selecting network shares icon of the 3rd cycle.

Very disappointed.

EDIT: Relented and rolled back firmware and blocked access to support.wdc.com to WD Live thru router.

I’m having intermittent stuttering during playback of some mp4 files.  This started happening with the last beta firmware and continues with this latest release.  I also have a live plus with the latest firmware but I am not seeing the problem there.  Factory reset both after the firmware update.  The only configuration changes made were:

1. Change network workgroup

2. Auto logon to network shares

3. Turn on Match Framerate

Both are wired to a switch and reading files off a samba share (FreeNAS).  No issues with accessing network shares.

i have 2 of the older wdtv live players.

1 updated and works fine.

the other updated and can’t play .avi files anymore. bummer.

i hate having to rollback firmware. pain in my **bleep**.

Hi,

Same here, after update no playback of avi and mp4 files. Rolled back to 1.06.15 and playback is possible. what is going on here?

Manfred