New Release - WD My Cloud Firmware Release 3.04.01 (3/5/14)

Unbelievable that they dare to sell such a device.
There is apparently little or no research done before they released this My Cloud.
I had an ongoing yellow blinking LED this week and was not able to reset my device.

Not with the 4 sec. reset and also not with the 40 seconds reset.
The unit responded to nothing.

Searchin on this forum learned me that there are already several people with the same issue.

Yes again !

You then have the choice to send your device back where all your data be exposed to strangers or

you can start to repair the device by yourself by overwriting a clean firmware over the two raid partitions.

I had nobler thoughts when buying my first cloud, it should be very easy according to WD.

I don’t think so.

It is incredible that the consumer no longer dare to update the firmware fearing what’s come next.

TBF Ghost said:

“. 
I mean would you buy a car that ran for a month”

What do you mean?

I have to buy a car every 300-400 miles

They just keep spluttering then stop
!!

Tamanaco,

If you happen to find a reliable alternative could you please send me a private message via this forum.

Meanwhile, our My CLoud has been running now for 30-days, although I did need to restart it once in that period to reconnect to the online-cloud. However, prior to and after the reset, my data has been available on my network and the safepoint backups have been working now for 30-days.

WD did call and spend time on the phone with me (see previous post) and I did receive a letter from WD apologizing for the Cloud interuption and a statement that they have implimented new procedures to hopefully prevent that in the future.

SO, al in all, no I do not trust it yet for a reliable backup device, yes they need to fix the problems and no I would not recomend this system to anyone in fact I have told numerous folks to avoid WD Cloud storage of any kind until they get all their problems solved (their other cloud storage solutions seem to have issues as well).

However, like many on this forum, I am now stuck with a lemon so I intend to work with them if they will work with me and try to justify the time I have spent with this product.

Good luck with your drive hopefully we will get some good news soon.

WestwindDriver, so far I’ve been leaning towards the Synology DS214 and DS213 series of diskless drives. Their price have been coming down lately. I still have some room left in my old router-attached USB drive to buy me some more time before I make a decision. The router-attached drive was almost full when I bought the MyCloud, but I transferred the non-critical data to the MyCloud to make room for new critical data. I’m still hopeful that WD will fix the fundamental features to make the MyCloud drive work as advertised, but my patience is wearing thin.

My drive seems to be stuck in the “disconnect every 24 hours” mode.  How can I fix it?  I am using the latest firmware: 3.04.01.  My case has been “escalated”, but I just want it to work.  Can’t they just put a reboot feature into the thing?

Did you try to

• either assign a fixed IP address outside of the DHCP address range of your router,

• or using your router to assign a fixed IP address to your NAS (then no need to specify that fixed address in the NAS admin UI)

I feel lost reading for 2 months everything on this forum

My MyCloud still dissappears from Finder, I cant access to dashbord
 every few hours
 once a day I Have to reset it, by disconnecting power

I have tried everything:

• enable and disable dhcp

• turning on and turning off sleeping mode

and still nothins works!!!

What can I do
 ?

If nothing how can I return it?

I bought it 10.02.2014 in Poland.

When I called to polish WD, they said everything should be OK, and a problem is with my router

Hi, Bill:

I downloaded the new firmware 3.04.01 and unzipped it, but I just could not find my WD My Cloud Dashboard UI.

Could you give instructions how to get it ?

Thanks.

wuch888 wrote:

Hi, Bill:

I downloaded the new firmware 3.04.01 and unzipped it, but I just could not find my WD My Cloud Dashboard UI.

Could you give instructions how to get it ?

Thanks.

Here is a KBA that should explain it better than me.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10420/

1 Like

kefas198 wrote:

I feel lost reading for 2 months everything on this forum

My MyCloud still dissappears from Finder, I cant access to dashbord
 every few hours
 once a day I Have to reset it, by disconnecting power

I have tried everything:

• enable and disable dhcp
  • turning on and turning off sleeping mode

and still nothins works!!!

What can I do
 ?

If nothing how can I return it?

I bought it 10.02.2014 in Poland.

When I called to polish WD, they said everything should be OK, and a problem is with my router

I have solved my disconnection problems following this:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/My-Cloud-disconneted-itself-from-network/m-p/660115/highlight/true#M4865

I have also static ip (out of dhcp range) and sleep mode off.

Mine has been rock solif on Jan firmware:

WDMyCloud v03.04.01-219

BUT today I am getting shocking download speeds (355KBps) when I normally get 4-5MBps!

Rebooted it and now my video media is no longer available!!!

Pleased to annouce???    With all the continued complaints about connecting ext USB devices to My Cloud
 "how in hte heck can you all feel pleased w/ the **bleep** firmware upgrade?

When will the USB external attach issue which causes My Cloud to become crippled
  100% utilization
 and causes the UI to become unusable?

Inquiring minds want to know
  “when you will correct the USB problem”???

Is it due to journalling??  Indexing?? what is the problem?

Unfortunatley You are not the only one. The Polish WD is just lying to us (tak, kolego).

WD - when will You finally fix the issue with NAS self-hanging and disconnecting from the network ???

To all “experts” - Yes I tried all the static IP, DHCp, address reservation etc etc and NO, this is not a problem of my Router! 

So once again WHEN YOU FIX THIS WD ?

or maybe we should flood the opinion portals about this unsuable device ???

Mike

I have got the same problem :frowning:

Has anybody have any idea wht to do to stop disconeting my cloud from the network ???

@enemymine  - “masz mój topór”, jakby co. :wink:

Thank you very much.

Got it all done without problem

Due to new firmware update, this thread is now closed.