New Release - WD My Cloud Firmware Release 3.03.01 (1/7/2014)

update on the freeze / network connection lost:

for the first time my unit held for 24h connected. here’s what I did.

manualy installed last firmware. I had installed it automatically previously and I don’t think this aftected anything.

initial settings that were causing freezes:

- ntp on

- cloud access off

- drive sleep on

- led on

- mac backups off

- static ip

- ssh off

- ftp on

- media sharing off

- itunes off

- notifications on with maximum alerts

- auto update on

new settings that are running for 24h now:

- ntp off

- cloud access off

- drive sleep off

- led off

- mac backups off

- static ip

- ssh off

- ftp on

- media sharing off

- itunes off

- auto update off

i’m now changing the folloing in order to try and understand what causes freeses:

- ntp on

- led on

- ftp on

And lets see how it is tomorrow. personaly I think the problem is the sleep function… I’ll leave that for later.

I am also having problems connecting remotely to my WD My Cloud since the update earlier this week.

Everything was working fine, however I can now only access my files when on my own home wifi network.  Also, since the update when I try and watch mp4 video files they seem to pause frequently to buffer.

I have rebooted my WD Cloud and this hasn’t resolved my problem!  I have also checked that the ports the Cloud is using are still open on my router (I am using 8080 and 443) and I am using a static IP address.

Has anyone else expereinced this?

Very frustrating having spent a lot of money on something that I thought would be a lot more useful than this!

…I was able to get mine back and running.

I removed all apps and software from all the computers and devices and I peformed a “quick” factory reset of the cloud, which wiped out all the data on there as well (backed it all up prior). Basically I set everything back to factory new…except it still had the updated firmare.

Opened up the UI and added users and shares again.

Mapped a few shares to my computer as drives.

I uploaded my data back on (which also showed me I had a slow network…fixed that by disabling “large send offload v2” under the settings for my network card in my laptop.

I re installed the software on all the phones again… did a few remote activations with codes.

Yup…[deleted] I disabled auto updates from now on and won’t touch this thing again.

[deleted] WD? [deleted]

TBFGhost- Have you tested steaming and digital rights videos?  This sounds promissing.

No. I don’t use it for that. Sorry

it would be appreciated a feedback from WD on the reported issues

Any acknoledgement, already identified issue, ongoing actions to resolve … quite long list of issues deserving some feedback I believe

Many Thanks

M

emasan wrote:

…

And lets see how it is tomorrow. personaly I think the problem is the sleep function… I’ll leave that for later.

sleep on or off did not make really difference at least on my device …

mmmh … don’t think can be fully resolved playing with parameters … hope they spot the bugs and resolve

as stated in the release notes the last firmware was trying to fix a randomic loss of connectivity:wink:

M

Hello!

I bought the wd my cloud 3tb today. I went home, configured all stuff without any troubles.

Then i started a update to the firware, all were going so good till it stucked at 90%, and it still for more then 1hour.

What do you advice me to do?

Since the release which installed by itself as per my settings, I get a “cannot connect to all network drives” message every morning upon startup of my PCs.  Upon checking of my PC - My Network it says that my My Cloud is offline despite being always ON.  Has worked fine for months ever since I gave it a static IP address (used to have issues under Dynamic IP) .  Something has changed.  The only way I can get it back up and running is to unplud it and plug it back in every morning.

What did you do?  Went from perfect to requiring babying the thing.  Help.  Need ideas or an update patch.

Looks like update completed, but now the drive has been stuck rebooting for over 12 hours. Here’s what I see on the Dashboard.

until this update I found that if you give it a static IP address it works just fine.  I now have an issue again but I think you should try assigning an IP address to see if that fixes your problem.

emasan wrote:

manualy installed last firmware. I had installed it automatically previously and I don’t think this aftected anything.

initial settings that were causing freezes:

- ntp on

- cloud access off

- drive sleep on

- led on

- mac backups off

- static ip

- ssh off

- ftp on

- media sharing off

- itunes off

- auto update on

new settings that are running for 24h now:

- ntp off

- cloud access off

- drive sleep off

- led off

- mac backups off

- static ip

- ssh off

- ftp on

- media sharing off

- itunes off

- auto update off

i’m now changing the folloing in order to try and understand what causes freeses:

- ntp on

- led on

- ftp on

still running good, I’ve even turn the ssh and the notifications on and still running.

I’m going to try a couple days more with these settings and a few reboots to make sure is ok. if it is I’ll put the sleep function back on to prove the teorie.

Thanks

I buy “My Cloud 3T” thursday.
Software is upgraded - WDMyCloud v03.03.01-156 : Core F/W

My “Cloud” working yesterday o.k. several hours.

Turned the computer on today and MyCloud was not found.
Unplugged the unit and replugged it and now I can find it on the local network and remote.

This same case is day before yesterday!!!

In WD Comunnity I find a great many cases like mine,

Help !!!

Wierd, even I have 1.9TB available space in my book live, but during the update (tried in both of online or offiline ), I am informed 'there is not eough space, error 370002’etc…

Any hints for that issue? or any work around I can take?

Thanks!

DLNA video streaming stopped working on my Sharp aquos TV. It was working fine before the last update, now I can browse through the folders but can’t see any video file. I wonder if there’s a way to go back to the previous firmware version, I can’t find any links to download previous firmware updates. Any hep would be appreciated

Concerning the claim:

• Resolved issue of drives randomly losing connection to the network.

I have serious doubts about this claim. Because I yesterday installed my new WD Mycloud 3TB and inmediatly updated the firmware to 3.03.01.

Since yesterday I have had about 5 times random loss of connection. Even a ping to the IP didn’t get any reply.

Static or dynamic IP-adress didn’t make any difference.

Switching the dive power off/on restored the connection again.

My other equipment on my home network didn’t have any problems with connection, just the WD Mycloud drive.

The drive is connected to my ZTE H368N Wan modem

Hardware Version V1.02
Software Version V1.01.00T09.4

Same issues. Need to power it off and on for it to work. Happening nearly every day!

Came home today and guess what. Disconnected!!!

sleep mode off and still running good…

i’m starting to think that is not a network problem, it is probably a total freeze of the unit when trying to turn the hdd off.

pls fix this on next update.

thanks

Mine is stable with sleep mode off as well. BUT the twonky server will not talk to my new Panasonic Viera TV. “Connection to the server failed”.