New Release - WD My Cloud Firmware Release 3.03.01 (1/7/2014)

I updated my Cloud firmware yesterday. I can access data files from my Windows7 and notebook computers thru local network login. But I lost the wifi login from my Adroid phone that I could not access any file ( it was marginarily fine before I updated), and now I lost the function of WDMyCloud _win.exe that I usually get my activation codes for my android phones when I was away from home, or add new users to my Cloud drive.

As soon as I clicked the icon of WDMyCloud to login the Cloud drive, the message is on screen saying “Sit back …” with a circular ring turning. Then there is no further response!? However, I still can access data files from my Windows7 and notebook computers thru local windows network operation.

What would you suggest me to do??

hector

!!!Correction on Jan 8,2014 4:35pm!!!

Accidentally, I updated a “BAD” mp4 700MB video file.  I found the above problem disappeared.

I’ll keep watching my Cloud. Thank you.

hector 

hectorso wrote:

What would you suggest me to do??

hector

About android app:

• Enable ftp on MyCloud dashboard

• Install a ftp client in your phone from store, there are plenty and free.

• Forget MyCloud app.(easiest step)

Done

my update worked fine… does anyone know how to install pyload on my wdmycloud 4tb?

kind regards!

I lost remote access after the firmware update, I managed to resolve it by re-booting my router.  The router had lost its uPnP capability, so when restarted remote access became available again.

Aarrrrrggg! Maybe I spoke too soon regarding the copying/moving/deleting/renaming files and folders in the USB attached drive. After updating to this firmware and testing I did not notice that the USB attached drive share was set to Public access during the update process. I decided to switch it to private under the Admin id and I started getting the “access denied” messages when I tried to manipulate files or folder. I gave up and reverted the setting to Public, but now it does not work. I keep getting the access errors. What’s strange if that if I create a new TEMP folder in the USB attached drive I’m able to copy files, rename them, create them… etc  but only in and to/from newly created folders. If I  disconnect the drive and move all the other existing folders to the new TEMP folder using my laptop USB port and then reconnect the drive to the USB drive of MyCloud… the TEMP folder again gives me access error messages when I try to manipulate files within it.  I hope I was able to explain my issue. The last sentence even confuses me.  I’m walking away from the problem for a few hours. Maybe I’m missing something very obvious.

Hi all,

I was excited to see in the release notes the following

• Resolved issue of drives randomly losing connection to the network
  • Resolved issue of the power up system restore using the reset button not working

Less excited discovering that after some hours (exactly like before the firmware upgrade) the device becomes unreacheable and the reset button does not work at all so the only solution is to unplug the power :cry:

What is claimed to be fixed actually it is not. This product (the software - on the device and the app) is definitely far away to be mature for the market but at least the basics shall be robust and stable for the end user 

But I have still some hope … so question to the support team and techies: is there any config/trick to avoid/apply in addition to the firmware upgrade to at least have the device accessible? drive sleep flag may contribute to lead the device to isolate from the network?

looking at my pics anywhere but running home to restart the device that becomes unreacheable was not really the goal of this investment :wink:

Ciao

Massimo

MaxCloud wrote:

Hi all,

I was excited to see in the release notes the following

• Resolved issue of drives randomly losing connection to the network
  • Resolved issue of the power up system restore using the reset button not working

Less excited discovering that after some hours (exactly like before the firmware upgrade) the device becomes unreacheable and the reset button does not work at all so the only solution is to unplug the power :cry:

What is claimed to be fixed actually it is not. This product (the software - on the device and the app) is definitely far away to be mature for the market but at least the basics shall be robust and stable for the end user 

But I have still some hope … so question to the support team and techies: is there any config/trick to avoid/apply in addition to the firmware upgrade to at least have the device accessible? drive sleep flag may contribute to lead the device to isolate from the network?

looking at my pics anywhere but running home to restart the device that becomes unreacheable was not really the goal of this investment :wink:

Ciao

Massimo

exact same situation here… I’m just going to try turning the sleep function on.

pls fix this issu. it is critical even for people wanting to use basic functionalities of the device like me.

thanks

Emanuel

I’m sorry. It is my mistake to save a bad video file that causes the problem.

I’ll watch out.

hector

Another problem I have found with the new firmware is that if you create a new account, it won’t let you connect to it untill you reboot the device, once I rebooted, I was able to connect using ftp, windows shares and mycloud apps. this is an ugly bug that will confuse and drive many crazy.

I am having the same problem with remote access as many others. I reset both the router and cloud drive and still no remote access. I may send this **bleep** back.

no matter which way I use to update the following result appears:

Die Aufrüstung war nicht erfolgreich. (370006)

so?

These “You need permission to perform this action” messages are very bit frustrating. I understand that the native drive of the MyCloud is probably formated Ext4 as most NASes are now-a-days. But as look at the properties of  the shares using Windows File Explorer all  the shares in the internal drive of the MyCloud and the shares in the USB attached drive  show up as NTFS. Copying, moving, deleting, modifying and renaming files work fine with the internal drive shares weather they’re set to Private or Public access. The shares in the USB attached drive appear to function in a completly different and undefined way.  What’s going on here? Tell me what works and what doesn’t? But don’t tell me the USB attached drives are fully supported. Manipulating files in a shared folder is a “FUNDAMENTAL FUNCTION” regarless of where the share resides in the MyCloud. I understand that the drive that I have attached to the USB port is formatted NTFS, but my understanding is that NTFS formatted drives are “fully” supported. This fundamental functions should work seemlessly for all users depending on the access level set for the user(s). Changing the permission of a folder from Public to Private in a USB attached drive appears to be nonreversible. Some shares that are set to Private allow the user that have full access to manipulate files and other shares with full access for the same users give me the dreaded permission error. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

My Linux is a bit rusty, but I noticed that when I execute the “ls” command as root in the shares folder all the shares appear in dark blue except for the share associated with the USB attached drive which appear as light blue. What does this difference in color mean?  I don’t know if the the MyCloud subset of Linux commands support all of the command switches.  Can someone post the commands that I can use in a SSH session to:

1. Find the persmisions for a specific file and folder (ls -ld maybe?)

2. Change the permission for a user to full access for a specific file, folder or series of files within a folder

Thanks…

I opened a case for this problem but I think others should know this: I feel like a testperson not like a customer :frowning:

Since Firmware Update download link not working

I updated today in the morning my WD Mycloud to firmware v03.03.01-156.
All O.K. and all works fine. Now I wanted to test to send a link by email to a customer. It is a simple and small PDF file.
The customer got the link by mail and if he want to download the PDF the Browser says:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
(<)core(>)
(<)error_code(>)401</error_code(>)
(<)http_status_code(>)401</http_status_code(>)
(<)error_id(>)57</error_id(>)
(<)error_message>User not authorized</error_message(>)
(<)/core(>)

I tried to send the link to a registered user – same problem. Before this update this option worked. Need help.

Kind regards
Flyingfox

…so…it seems WD screwed the pooch and messed everything up. I find it odd in a post started by them that no one has said anything even awknowleging the problem of failed firmware… I want to just revert back the way it was…

OK, I could not get access to MyCloud remotely after the firmware update using my Mobile Android devices, so I generated a couple new codes and now have. But now the number of listed Cloud Devices exceeds the number that actually have access. How do I reduce  the number of devices listed in the Dashboard? It shows a “+” to add them, but no “-” to remove them. It shows 5 but I only have 2.

@Tamanaco: Go to Cloud Access, click on your username on the left and then remove devices that are no longer needed (the trashcan icon in the list next to each of the devices).

1 Like

A new feature not documented in the release notes is that the iDevice Cloud app now displays video thumbs.

Just like others in this thread I have also lost remote access to the cloud after this firmware update.  I don’t know what they broke but the device is no longer detected when I am not connected to my local network.  And the only way I can regain remote access is to readd the device manually and using a new activation code.  

Since the update, I can no longer stream DLNA media on my LG receiver. Everything worked fine before, but now it sees the MyCloud, but just searches indefinitely for files. Tried backdating to previous firmware, but the MyCloud won’t let me, telling me the file isn’t valid. I tried a system restore, but the current firmware remains. I’d really prefer not to delete 1.5TB of data to see if a full restore will let me revert to older firmware. Any help would be appreciated. Otherwise I’m returning what is now a fairly useless, extremely expensive external hard drive.

I have the same issue(s).  After this recent Firmware update… Needed to reset the drive, reset the user accounts, add permissions to the shares, republish the cloud, receive a new code for access AND DLNA video does not play on any of the AllShare devices… aka Samsung Smart TV and Smart DVD player and the LG.  Something is wonkie in these storm clouds. 

Un able to locate FAQ on old firmware installations.