New Release - WD My Cloud Firmware Release 3.03.01 (1/7/2014)

WD is pleased to announce the update release of My Cloud Firmware Release 3.03.01.

• Please follow the instructions when doing the update.

Please feel free to post your questions and experiences in this thread.

2 Likes

The release notes don’t mention any fixes related to issues with copying/moving/deleting/renaming files or folders in drives attached to the USB port when using Windows or the WD Desktop Application. I wonder if a new release of the WD Desktop Application that addresses these issues is also coming out soon.

Did not fix my “No Internet Access” message :cry: plus one of my users dissappeared after the upgrade  the user’s share folder was still there though, I also noticed my previously created “SafePoint” is no longer recognized.

_ PS: Actually the “No Internet Access” message was not related to the firmware, it was in fact related to my OpenDNS settings on my router._

Release note is not very clear… 

“Resolved issue of the power up system restore using the reset button not working.”

What that  means? 

Fix it the bug of no reseting to default values with short clip trick?  (4 seconds hold) or long clip trick (40 seconds). 

One of them,  both or none? 

I’m not able to perform the FW update. I’ obtain the error : 37006

I’ve performed both the procedures standard and manual by dowloading the files form WD site.

What i should to try ?

Update failed for me.  Code 370006.  Attempted manual update next after downloading to my PC.  Not Enough Memory was error this time.  Did the long reset - unit has been blinking yellow since that time (30 minutes ago) - not looking good right now.

When updating the firmware “manually” (what I always do to avoid Internet/ISP connectivity issues) make sure to use a LAN wired connection (Ethernet) NOT a  wireless connection (WiFi) to avoid wireless signal interference. Also prior to updating remove any USB connected drives if you have them. If someone from WD were to post the MD5/CRC of the zipped firmware file that we need to download… could also be helpful. This way we can verify the integrity of the downloaded file.

EDIT: The two times that I have updated  the firmware “manually” on MyCloud 2TB the update process pauses at 10% for a very long time then jumps to 60% for a few minutes… then jumps to 70% for a couple minutes… 90% for about a minute and then I get the pop up with the firmware updated successfully message. The process in my 2TB drive took approximatelly 12:30 minutes before I got the Dashboard logon pop up after the drive rebooted.

Power down and back up got me back to blue.  Tried manual update after a software reboot.  Very confusing result - error message indicating that the upgrade failed, but 3.03.01 now reported as my firmware revision level.

Downloaded and installed via the MyCloud Dashboard via OSX with no issues at all took some time to install but all is well

My unit got the firmware update today morning and it automatically updated when I rebooted the box. 

Sadly, all the modifications I had in my device were gone - Transmission, MP4Box etc. :mansad:

clevermax wrote:

My unit got the firmware update today morning and it automatically updated when I rebooted the box. 

Sadly, all the modifications I had in my device were gone - Transmission, MP4Box etc. :mansad:

You are too brave or crazy to allow automatic firmware update specially on this device.

You should know that an update will “fix” your customizations…And “fix” is a joke. :smileyvery-happy:

sammarbella wrote:

You are too brave or crazy to allow automatic firmware update specially on this device.

You should know that an update will “fix” your customizations…And “fix” is a joke. :smileyvery-happy:

Neither brave nor crazy, but I was ignorant that I had enabled automatic update when I first set the device up… :slight_smile: Will never do that again !

after re.start of the unit the upgrade has succes, but now the unit has other “yellow” flags (!).

Should I re-start again ?

I noticed that my device updated last night (got an email).

Now I cannot access it remotely from any device. Is this to be expected? Do I have to restart the device manually?

Frustrating.

The Firmware update worked fine for me.  The only issue was that I had to restart my MacBook Pro to get the features to work for QuickView.

helios64 wrote:

after re.start of the unit the upgrade has succes, but now the unit has other “yellow” flags (!).

Should I re-start again ?

Depends on what the warnings are.

Loaded the new firmware automatically but now going through cycle of “timeout on reboot, please reboot manually”. It never seems to do anything?

just has a steady white light?

I just finished updating my 2TB MyCloud firmware to 3.03.01 and… so far, it appears that the copying/moving/deleting/renaming files + folder issues in the USB attached drive have been fixed. I performed these functions within the attached drive and to/from the main drive to/from the USB attached drive.  I also copied files to/from my laptop to the MyCloud USB attched drive.I tested using Windows 7 File Explorer and the WD MyCloud app. One thing I noticed is that if you copy a file or folder from the main drive to the USB attached drive using the WD My Cloud App the file or folder can take a little while to show up when you browse for said file or folder using Windows file explorer. So give it some time as it might depend on the size of the folder and/or the number of files you’re copying. I guess it takes MyCloud a little time to apply the permissions in the destination USB drive. This is what I found in my environment so far…  your mileage might vary.

EDIT:  Spoke too soon. It appears that it was working because the Share of the USB attached drive was set to Public during the firmware update process. I tried setting it to private and ran into access problems. Reverted the setting back to Public and I’m experiencing some issues which I detail in a later post in this thread.

A couple “unrelated” questions… Is there a specific place in the forum or the WD site where I can find what are the latest available versions for WD Quick View and for WD My Cloud Apps? I know where to download them from in the WD site, but I can’t tell what version I’m getting until I download them. When I look in the about of the WD Quick View it shows version 2.2.1 (WD Quick View 3.2.0.15 - WD Drive Service 2.0.0.19) the WD My Cloud app show version 1.0.3.12 are these the latest versions?

Had to force a factory reset in the end, took about 20 minutes of setting up and now seems to be working again, although with several scan errors. However files seem to be intact.

firmware update: no problem

BUT: i realized later: some privat shares become public shares!!!
have to set the to privat manually again!
thats an extreme security bug!