New Release - WD My Cloud Desktop for Windows Version 1.0.7.5 (2/11/15) VERY SLOW!

I have 2 My Cloud devices at home and 3 others that I connect to remotely. I’ve been using all or some of these drives for years and though I’ve had to tweak some settings here and there as software has evolved, everything has been working smoothly and my speeds have been “relatively” good and consistent when transferring between devices, even remotely.

I just updated the desktop software app on 2 computers, one running windows 8 and the other, windows 7.

Since updating the desktop software I noticed 2 things:

1- it no longer displays the upload time remaining when transferring files to the remote drive.

2- my remote transfer speeds are about 5 times slower than they were yesterday before the update.

Is there a problem with WD servers today? A bug in the new software? Will the “time remaining” status be fixed?

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Anyone else having any issues with this update?

mfp123 wrote:

I have 2 My Cloud devices at home and 3 others that I connect to remotely. I’ve been using all or some of these drives for years and though I’ve had to tweak some settings here and there as software has evolved, everything has been working smoothly and my speeds have been “relatively” good and consistent when transferring between devices, even remotely.

I just updated the desktop software app on 2 computers, one running windows 8 and the other, windows 7.

Since updating the desktop software I noticed 2 things:

1- it no longer displays the upload time remaining when transferring files to the remote drive.

2- my remote transfer speeds are about 5 times slower than they were yesterday before the update.

Is there a problem with WD servers today? A bug in the new software? Will the “time remaining” status be fixed?

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Have I posted this to the wrong forum?

Hi mfp123, we have passed this along to support. 

Hi,

Yes, the time estimation was removed.

Did you upgrade your firmware on your My Cloud? or only on your desktop app. Did anything else change since you’ve updated the desktop app?