New Release - My Net Router Firmware Updates (8/14/12)

Here is the fix list according to the release notes for the Net Central N900 (The one with built-in HDD)

Resolved Issues:
 Fixed router stopped traffic from the WAN after more than 39 hours
 Fixed parental control not working with Guest Access
 Fixed port forwarded relay issue after firmware install
 Fixed DLNA video playback timeline “Seek/Pause” are not working.
 Fixed accessing SMB share through WDTV Live
 Fixed Parental Controls - device policy take priority over master policy
 Fixed Network Drive password required when storage device set to public

What I was interested in testing was the the SMB share access issue and I am not sure what WD fixed but I still have the same issue that I have reported to the community before in this thread

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-Networking-Devices/Net-N900-Central-Storage-Router-issues/td-p/444204

Bottom-line. The firmware update worked and got upgraded to **Firmware Release 1.04.08 (8/14/2012) **but I do not see any changes that indicate the problem is fixed.

I still have issues in accessing folders from WDTV Live /Live+ Hub and Media Streaming product from WD. 

As stated before the bug manifests itself only  if you have more than 200+ nested sub directories. It displays them as ’ UNTITLED VOLUME’ and the directory structure displayed on WDTV live series is all messed up.

Also, the problem wherein accessing the router from an Android device will not allow you to access lower folders (Sub directories) which is also a SMB server problem on the router. Not that the release notes say anything regarding this fix but I tried it anyway without any luck.

I did not see any fixes in the 5Ghz Radio mentioned in the firmware release notes either But I tested it anyways and the range still is very poor.

All-in-all no useful fixes for me that I can see…

Hope this helps others.

Thanks for reading this post.

Vistawall.

2 Likes