New Release - My Net Router Firmware Updates (6/26/12)

WD is happy to announce its release of the My Net Family Router firmware updates for the…

Please feel free to post your experiences here in this thread.

Updated my N750 with this firmware last week as soon as I got it connected.  Up for 5 days currently with no reboots required (could not say the same about the WNDR3700). Everything works well and the interface is well thought out.  Runs alot cooler than my previous Cisco/Linksys (e4200v1). 

I’m not sure if it’s the firmware because I bought it new and it prompted me to upgrade it right away but… whenever I reboot the router it reverts back to the default password and I have to set a new admin password every time.  I don’t know if happened before the upgrade but if it did I would hope the firmware upgrade would have resolved it.

msoukup wrote:

I’m not sure if it’s the firmware because I bought it new and it prompted me to upgrade it right away but… whenever I reboot the router it reverts back to the default password and I have to set a new admin password every time.  I don’t know if happened before the upgrade but if it did I would hope the firmware upgrade would have resolved it.

Sometimes after early firmware updates (depending on what shipped with your box) you might need to do a full “Factory Defaults” restore and re-do the configuration.

Pain in the backside, yes, but it often fixes a lot of odd issues…

New release is available. Closing this thread.