New Release - My Net Router Firmware Updates (2/21/13)

Upgraded to 1.06.28 and I have been running this for couple of weeks without any serious issues. Granted this is not my primary router yet and I use it in extender mode. Having said there is still the long outstanding " pending issue" regarding SMB with respect to Android devices mentioned to tech support several months ago.

Parsing subdirectories from Android based devices are fixed – as of firmware 1.05.12 (10/4/2012) a step in the correct direction, and this firmware release 1.06.28 (2/21/13) includes those fixes however I still cannot play any types of video files, It gives error “cannot play this type of video file” and the SMB stream gets interrupted (It does not matter what type of video file extensions are (I attempted AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV) none of them work from my Net N900 storage router.

But picture files like *.JPG files are okay!  - Looks that someone put a restriction? Or some sort of firewall setting preventing SMB share access of Video files only for Android based devices? – BTW,  These same files via the same SMB shares play well with PC and WDTV Media players! – Very strange.

Device attempted as before:

Galaxy tab 10.1 model details:  P7510

Firmware: release HTJ85B.UEKMP P7510UEKMP (Android Honeycomb 3.2)

Application used to access network shares from My Net N900 Central: ES Explorer  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&hl=en

Cannot access any type Video files from any Android based devices, I attempted with Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Kindle Fire, both behave the same way.

Looks that we are moving forward in the right direction and I am hopeful that by next release WD developers will fix the video playback issues with Android based devices soon. 

Thank you for reading this report.

Vistawall.