New Release - My Net Router Firmware Updates (10/4/12)

Ever since I installed this update all of my Macbooks can’t keep a connection to the wifi either on 2.5 or 5ghz networks.  It holds for less than a minute then drops over an over again.  

Can someone please send me a link to the previous version of the firmware so I can restore?  Sadly I’m using a neighbors wifi to write this as my connection is not stable enough. 

I tried changing a variety of settings in hopes of fixing it but none have made any difference.  

My settings to use OpenDNS is being ignored, and I think (not 100% sure) this has happened after I updated the firmware. It still displays the Open DNS settings but all the connected devices (laptops, desktop) show the ISP’s DNS address. All this was working when I bought and set it up (less than 6months). I am verifying the DNS address by running ipconfig /all on the windows.

I have opened a support ticket but the response is pathetic .

Any known issue, or is there a workaround?

Thanks.

-Madhu

The WD support really is pathetic… I’ve been working the same issue for some time.  

With the help of an OpenDNS tech, I found that  by turning “Enable DNS Relay” to OFF (on the screen “Advance Settings > LAN > Host and LAN Settings”) the router will now use the previously entered DNS servers.  However, in some cases I’ve found that the router continues to use the default ISP’s  DNS servers in addition to the OpenDNS servers–which, of course nullifies what OpenDNS will do for you in filtering web sites.  As you stated, you can see this using ipconfig /all to check it.

I’ve ask WD to explain why the router displays DNS servers incorrectly, but no solutions or explanations have been offered.

Guys I really need your help!!!

I need a download link or the main (previous) firmware for my net900 router, my connection is dropping all the time, I have no wireless connections available in the list after 5-10 minutes and I just started to hate this expensive router!!

The support team for this router is like … inexistent?!? Why is no one helping us with all those problems?

At least help us with the previous version of the firmware because it was much stable and it worked fine for me.

At this point I just removed the my net and added my old DLink 685 router back but I really want to consider that my spent money on this router were well invested…at this point I REALLY REGRET and I AM DISAPPOINTED by this router!!!

You are correct about the WD support. It took me 7 days to even get a response. I have an issue where my 1.5TB HDD won’t work.

Uh well, like… We can only guarantee our HDD, so sorry. But you are right about the support team on the router. It doesn’t exist.

That’s pretty much where I am at unless there is a firmware update. My suggestion on the WD support… Tweet it, or FB it. Many times WD will see the tweet (they did in my case) & apologized for the crappy help. They may or nay not with all of you, but it’s always worth a try. Sometimes we forget how strong Social Media is.

Working at a Big Box retailer that carries this model… I wouldn’t suggest it solely for the support or lack of it. WD never should have ventured into routers. Leave it to the pros. Thankfully I got my N750 for $25 taking some learning on it. I never would have spent the $100+ many do. I would have taken it back as soon as they said they can’t help on the storage issue seeing how my drive isn’t a WD drive.

You may be SOL as there isn’t much help here.

I have had the password revert to password as well on reboot not just reset.  Reset doesn’t seem to reset to factory defaults but acts just like a reboot. Based on the issues posted, they seem to cover all the problems I am having.  Can anyone answer the question by turning off the QOS feature to prevent the router from dropping internet and LAN connections,  how that affects the DLNA feature? This was one of the main aspects why I dropped my Belkin which limited me to 5000 files and WD said there were no limits an NO issues. I cannot get the DLNA server feature to work at all.