New Release - My Cloud Firmware Versions 2.31.163 (01/08/2019)

@Jacob good luck with that, however it’s been almost 5 months since I initially raised with WD and they have still not fixed.

Quickest resolution is what I mentioned above, downgrade, setup any backup jobs you neee, then update back to latest released. Dumb, but fastest way to get it done.

@joshobrien Yes, I figured that this issue if not the 1st thing on their priority list.
Now that my NAS is back on 2.30.196 and creating backup jobs works, I’ll avoid upgrades until WD fixes the issue.

Thanks,
Jacob.

@joshobrien, I got a word from WD support team. This issue is fixed (as they say) in the next firmware which is 2.31.174.

Ahh yeah sounds good, do they have a release date scheduled? - I need to setup a new job, was planning on downgrading to setup this job. If this update is being released shortly I might wait.

New firmware available here: Software and Firmware Downloads | WD Support

It was released yesterday.
I upgraded one of my EX2 Drives, Now I have a drive with 2.30.196 backup up data to a drive with 2.31.174.
Creating a job from 2.30.196 to 2.31.174 works.
Creating a job from 2.31.174 to 2.30.196 fails.

Heres my results;
I have 3 PR2100’s, all on fibre connections 100MB Download, 100MB Upload.

Updated all 3 to the new firmware 2.31.174. All failed to create a new backup job to transfer to another PR2100.

I have even tried manually updating them with the latest firmware and done factory resets after the upgrade. All still don’t work.

Looks like I’ll unfortunately have to continue to resort to downgrading whenever I need to create a new backup job, then upgrade again.

Rather disappointing to see it’s been almost 5 months now that WD have been aware of this defect in their firmware release and still haven’t been able to resolve the issue. I take it it’ll be another 5 months before we see another firmware update released?

@joshobrien, I managed to get a WA from WD support.
Do not use FQDN but rather use straight IP address. It’s not a real solution, I know, but I was finally able to see the folders on remote EX2Ultra.

hi together, with firmware 2.31.174 i cannot install App’s manually or select from store. do someone have the same problems? or a solution? best regards Salvatore

It is working now. Yesterday, after activating DLNA on my NAS and reboot. It was possible to install the plex manually and it shows now also all other apps in the apps Sections…. I think it s a buck in the firmware depending Apps and DLNA….

regards Salvatore

New update 2.31.183 thx

https://support-en.wd.com/app/products/product-detail/p/139#WD_downloads

Since the latest automatic firmware update, I cannot login into dashboard on my PR2100. I get this error:

Error
Login timed out. Please login again.

This is the alert e-mail message I received this morning:

Following events are generated on your MyCloudPR2100 .

Event title:Firmware Update Successful

Event description:The firmware was successfully updated to 2.31.193.0722.2019.

Severity:Info

Event code:2004

Event time:08-08-2019 03:00:58 AM

Firmware version: 2.31.183

Event title:Installing Firmware Update

Event description:Installing firmware update.

Severity:Info

Event code:2026

Event time:08-08-2019 03:00:11 AM

Firmware version: 2.31.183

What can I do? Is the firmware faulty? At least one other user reports the same problem on PR2100.

@AvDe We’ve been able to reproduce this issue on certain versions of the Safari Browser when the Bonjour Alias is used (wdmycloudpr2100.local). For now, the workaround is to use the IP address of the My Cloud PR2100 or Chrome, Firefox browsers .

It’s getting beyond a joke now that I originally raised this with WD back in NOVEMBER 2018 and still this bug has not been resolved.

WD - When you introduce new bugs in updates, these need to be prioritised and resolved, all you’ve been doing is continuing to leave this bug in subsequent updates. It’s really disappointing and offers a very poor customer experience.

We’re getting closer and closer to this bug being 12 months old now, when will it be resolved, so remote backup jobs can be used with FQDN’s as it should.

I shouldn’t have to downgrade to a previous firmware, create backup jobs I need with FQDN’s, then update back to the latest firmware for this to work. This is not a workable solution.

@joshobrien the Remote Backup issue that used FQDN (ddns) was fixed in FW 2.31.193 for the PR Series which was removed from download. FW 2.31.195 has how been posted and also includes the same fix https://support.wdc.com/download/notes/My_Cloud_Pro_Series_PR2100_Release_Notes_FW_2.31.195.pdf

@SBrown Latest version according to WD auto update functionality was only 2.31.183, I have just now manually downloaded 2.31.195 and have tested using a FQDN (not a DDNS, an actual domain name with static IP address A record).

Unfortunately I can’t test as my remote PR2100 has an issue that whenever it reboots, it doesn’t actually reboot, it shuts down, so despite the update message advising it would update and then reboot once complete, it has just turned off.

So I’m now unable to test until I have someone in the remote location manually turn it back on again.