New Release - My Book Live Firmware Version 02.32.05-046 (9/26/12)

fethry wrote:

Hello guys.

I updated my firmware yesterday and was baffled to find this morning that the My Book Live web interface didn’t accept my password. For the record, immediately after the update I was able to access the UI and I certainly haven’t changed my credentials. I reset the thing as the manual says I should /I held the reset button for about 4 seconds while the device was working/ and for a moment I thought it was fixed. The web interface was accessible but the shares I had created were not. I created shares with the same names as the old ones so that I could open my stored data. And then the UI suddenly crashed. I’ve been trying to access it for a couple of hours and there’s not a sign of it. I type http://NAS_IP and I see only a blank page. I tried at least three times the combination NAS reset +  computer reset + rooter reset, to no detectable result. Fortunately, at least my files are still untouched. 

Does anyone have a clue what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

Edit: It seems as though if you don’t have SSH enabled on such a drive it’s pretty much hopeless. :frowning:

The link below will allow you to recover all of your data as well as fix the issue, however please note that you will be voiding the three year warranty by doing so. There have been cases where customers were allowed to proceed without voiding there warranty, my advice would be to first contact western digital via telephone tell them what’s going on and ask for approval before proceeding. If you do decide to go through note that there are two procedures on this document the first one lets you keep you data, while the second rebuilds the partition and erases your data.

And the probelm was WD’s fault they haven’t been relseaing stable firmware updates for the past 7 months now.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live/GUIDE-How-to-unbrick-a-totally-dead-MBL/m-p/435724/highlight/true#M12669> I hope I was able you help you out best of luck…