New Release - My Book Live Firmware Version 02.11.09-053 (4/23/12)

I would also like to report that the update went flawless here as well. I downloaded the .deb file and did the upgrade through the webui. I upgraded from 01.03.03 and so far everything seems smooth. Thank you WD for finally fixing the major issues that were keeping me from upgrading. Here’s to hoping no new bugs show up.

Can you advise what methods you have tried so far in getting the dashboard UI to come up?

For example, did you try opening a browser and in the URL address field enter the device’s IP address?

//192.xx.xx.xx/UI

Did you try to power cycle the device by unplug and replugging in the device and then trying to bring up the UI again?

Do you remember when was the last time you updated the firmware on your device?

Also DON’T forget that javascript must be enabled for access to MBL and/or Twonky ui; my javascript is normally disabled (off).

I don’t know whether it is my AVR or MBL, but the MBL does go to sleep mode; however, this morning, I find that the AVR will not wake up MBL/Twonky.  The only way for MBL to wake, for me, was the turning on the computer & win7 connects to the MBL during the bootup process.  Any verifications?

For that problem, I decided I might as well switch to Twonky 6.0.39.

Will have to see if the MBL/apache(?) can see my AVR when sleeping or may have to wait until the next morning to find out.  Would be a huge bug for me if the media receiver can’t get the MBL out of sleep by itself.

for those with dashboard issues, any chance your wuickview is working?  Probably not, as DNS issues might be the cause, but if you are getting accurate space usage readings from your quickview in the task bar, you can right-click and update from there.  Might be worth a shot.

i did not do the most recent “patch” update, but I’ll probably run this one in a few days.

Downloaded deb file, copied to C: (not on desktop), double checked SSH is on, used UI to upgrade, everything went fine, streamed a movie to my WDRV Live without any issues.

Did update yesterday and it went without a hitch. I did notice it went into sleep mode but now it does not (checked a few times today with no network access). Is there a reason it would come out of sleep mode without any network access? The front LED is a steady green and I do not hear the drive being acessed. Since the sleep slider has been removed, is the default 10 minutes?

There is no reason it should not go into and stay in sleep mode.

Well i guess i must be the first one…

Stuck at Upgrading…(10%)

Going to do what i did last time, quit firefox return to the drive dash and try again…

OK that, did’nt work i guess i just pull the power from the back? Any reason not too?

Each time i open browser back to the drive its still at the 10% mark!

mybookW2 wrote:

Well i guess i must be the first one…

Stuck at Upgrading…(10%)

Going to do what i did last time, quit firefox return to the drive dash and try again…

Something finally happened, after about 15 minutes stuck at 10% i got this error (i have not pulled the plug yet):

31103 - Upgrade download error

*Note the updater said it has downloaded and started update which was stuck at 10%

Trying again

Believe it or not, but that is actually good news for you. The download did not complete or was corrupted. Before, it would have stuck at that point, but with the new code, it will report back that error. Try again, or download the firmware and manually update it.

i’m trying to upgrade via SSH and have downloaded the following file “apnc-021109-053-20120413.deb.crdownload” 

onto mybooklive 2tb. 

I’ve run the following command 

/usr/local/sbin/updateFirmwareFromFile.sh /DataVolume/shares/Public/apnc-021109-053-20120413.deb.crdownload 

and get the following output 

version_newfile=021109053
version_current=020202020

this all sounds wonderful but then i led light goes a purplewhite color and stays like that for more than 24 hours. My UI has also died.

After waiting 24hr i decided l have to reboot this thing so did a shutdown -r -t 10 “now” command which recovered the Drive and i could map to it again but the UI still does not work.

I’ve noticed a lot of people running the firmware without the crdownloader but cant imagin that makes any difference to the functioning of the install. 

can some let me know how long the firmware took to apply via the UI and also do i need to rename the file from “…deb.crdownload” to “…deb”

trying again! Thanks for the info, the timeout is a bit long on that.

WDTony wrote:

Believe it or not, but that is actually good news for you. The download did not complete or was corrupted. Before, it would have stuck at that point, but with the new code, it will report back that error. Try again, or download the firmware and manually update it.

21:26 - Starting update now via UI

21:34 - Rebooting 

21:39 - All done, and all Good

UI definately feels a bit more repsonsive, some nice cosmetic touches.

Most important of all everything still works well :smiley:

Okay, downloaded again looks like the problem is the first download was not complete and way the file ended in crdownload. i’m going to try rebooting and re-initiating with the new download.

Works now :slight_smile:

Before the update process gets anywhere near to starting the MBL calculates the MD5 checksum and if not met with that’s expected, the upgrade process should be aborted.

Thanks Barney…

I think that 24 hours was rather long. 

Okay, it all worked after the completed download. GUI much improved from 5-10 min load to 5-10 seconds. i can live with that. now its the perfect device.

Still will not sleep. Any suggestions?

Just wanted to report that this upgrade ran flawlessly.  Dashboard is humming along very nicely now.

I downloaded the whole upgrade package this morning and kept it on my PC.  After backing up my data a couple of times, I started the update process this evening using the UI which I had sped up using the etc/hosts file edit thing.

The update process completed in about 6.5 minutes and the MBL re-initialized in about 2 more minutes.

I checked for Internent access and it was good.  Did a firmware update check and got an immediate reponse that my software was up to date.  Got the alert e-mail from the MBL about the sucessful firmware update.

My MBL is happy.  I am happy.

the HumpMan