New Release - My Book Live Duo Firmware Version 2.43.03-022 (10/7/13)

This firmware does not correct wrong handling of .TS files I have reported here :cry:

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Book-Live-Duo/Need-help-to-migrate-from-MBL-to-MBL-Duo/td-p/591341

The software was set to do automatic upgrades…silly me. This last firmware upgrade has caused my Live Duo to not respond to the url for the interface. My router and Windows 7 Pro no longer see my NAS.

If I do a factory reset, I understand that my data will not be lost. Will it restore to the previous firmware?

If you do a factory reset, your data WILL be lost initially.   It’s not obvious how to get it back…  There are several guides in the forum on how to get the data back.

My MBDL is reporting the update failed. It is showing a solid white/blue front panel light and WD Quick View indicates an Update Failure. The device is sharing files and it’s dashboard is available via my browser. Files are also available via WD2go. 

What do I do now to get the front panel light to return to green? Is it going to brick if I reboot?

Out of desperation, I started to rerun the setup software (my LED was blue indicating standby). A scan later and a couple of error messages, I was able to access my Dashboard URL and discontinue the re-install, check to see if everything OK and appears that it is so. LED = flashing green, Raid reads OK and safepoints appear OK. Am running diagnostic (short test) and will create another safepoint.

Everything appears good, Quirky, but good.

koala1 wrote:

This firmware does not correct wrong handling of .TS files I have reported here :cry:

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Book-Live-Duo/Need-help-to-migrate-from-MBL-to-MBL-Duo/td-p/591341

Any news ?

Anyone got thoughts on what WD is going to do with the Duo now there is a new product out which essentially does the same thing, but with a new name and sexier colours.
ie, new product gets all the new features, duo is critical bug fixes only. Case in point being it took 6 months for this update, and it fixed two little bugs.

Would be nice if they were going to migrate the duo to “my cloud duo” with a firmware update, without having to buy a new box with sexier colours to display thumbnails in the wd2go app. Actually, i like the black anyhow, call me old fashioned.

darkstar wrote:
… to display thumbnails in the wd2go app. Actually, i like the black anyhow, call me old fashioned.

Don’t sweat the thumbnail thing.  As far as I can tell, it doesn’t work on the My Cloud, either!  :smileyvery-happy:

they’re all using the same cloud features so whatever cloud apps you use on the Duo is the same as using the apps on the My Cloud

That’s not true, some of the new features within the Cloud app ONLY work on the My Cloud, specifically thumbnail support for Photos and Music cover art, and hopefully videos when they fix it.

Why would it work on one and not the other? Is it a limitation of the DLNA server? I am very disappointed that the MBLD has not been updated to include thumbnail support for Photos and Music cover art and videos. It has been a frequent request by MBLD owners.

Jmaxim wrote:

Why would it work on one and not the other? Is it a limitation of the DLNA server?

Common confusion.   The MyCloud service has nothing to do with DLNA.  

I have no way of knowing for sure, but it’s possibly due to the MBL not having enough horsepower to do it reasonably well.   Heck, it takes 10 days for the MBL to generate the photo thumbnails for just a few thousand photos I have.  Add generating thumbnails for music (and hopefully videos in the future) would take that much longer.

The My Cloud NAS has a faster, dual-core processor.

Or, it could just have to do more with marketing differentiation.

Just updated my duo and it said the update went fine and restarted.

However we are stuck with a yellow light for about 30 minutes.  I have a bad feeling.

Any suggestions?

Firmware update seems to have worked OK. NAS working normally, with Dashboard and file access.

I would be interested if the update becomes available for download. I’d like to have it on hand in case I have to rebuild the system. (I’m hoping, of course, that this doesn’t happen. I just want to have the materials available.)

I have just updated my “duo” this morning, I use it a lot with my samsung smart tv (DLNA), but now no subtitles on any movies anymore (srt files)?

anybody else?

anyway to go a firmware version back?

Morten

Old firmware can be downloaded from here, but can I just manually install it?

http://download.wdc.com/nas/ap2nc-024202-012-20130401.deb

After a couple of hours with the green led on, it turned blue, and now the subtitles are working again, I guess it needed to update the media library.

Sorry for the noise!

koala1 wrote:

koala1 wrote:

Any news ?

Desperate UP

Did the update - then it all went downhill.

Couldnt access with my Samsung TV, got that to work. Went to the UI to work out previous issue - is DLNA checked? “Password invalid”. I put in the correct password (it is already populated in the box, FF remembers it), and invalid dissapears, but still cant access. Try to access thru web with name and address, neither work.

Then, I right-clicked->mount hardware, no use, gave me 2nd Public Share.

Now i go to UI:

(couldnt figure out how to get an image up) The UI displays down the center “Let us help you”. Nothing is clickable, not sure if that is the way it was before. I do remember that info on one side, the pic of the Duo on the other. Displays my red exclamtion point and USB link, I can right click anything, open in new page. Cant just left click. THE WIERD PART I NOTICE is at the bottom it displays the mini pic of the Duo …ITS NOT THE DUO, it looks to be the new ‘cloud’ product and not of the same ‘girth’ with a white color, strange!   EDIT: I noticed because it first displays the duo then changes to a different device.

This isnt the last of my issues by any means, I never could make a backup, Couldnt RAID, nor could I get a user past the same screen, I know I was giving him the correct password to ‘enter’ the unit (dont remember the term). I created another user and followed the same steps with him on a different comp, couldnt get him in, he was on a difeerent ‘wifi’.

Since 5 days it is written now in the Web console: "

Firmware aktualisieren close

Prozess im Leerlauf.

Download wird ausgeführt…(100%)

Upgrade wird durchgeführt…

• Trennen Sie Ihr Gerät nicht während der Installation des Firmware-Updates. Nach Abschluss des Updates wird Ihr Netzlaufwerk automatisch neu gestartet. "

I have a bad feeling now resetting the device. :frowning:

I already lost all data 1 year ago and it was several days of work and thousends of files fully lost in case of the update of the WD Mybook.

Now I have MyBook Duo, best version but still update fear. :frowning: