New Release - Firmware Version 3.05.10 for WD TV Live Hub (6/5/12)

as i see maxdome is not available for wd tv live hub.

if we want to use maxdome we need to buy the smaller box or a competitor box?

…or does maxdome come with a future update?

thanks

The Netflix videos are very small, they don’t fill up the screen.  I mean very small.  Is there a new setting for this?

I did a restart and Netflix is fine now.

I’m on the WD TV LIVE and I would really appreciate it if someone would tell me how to access the SLEEP TIMER feature. I’m not sure if it’s becuase I’m on the Legacy theme but I can’t find the option anywhere. I also switched back to the original Mochi theme but I still couldn’t find it. 

Thanks in advance.

iNinja56 wrote:

I’m on the WD TV LIVE and I would really appreciate it if someone would tell me how to access the SLEEP TIMER feature. I’m not sure if it’s becuase I’m on the Legacy theme but I can’t find the option anywhere. I also switched back to the original Mochi theme but I still couldn’t find it. 

Thanks in advance.

It’s under OPTIONS when you’re playing a video.

‘BBC iplayer for the UK’ -  a big thank you :smiley: 

I’m glad some effort is being made to bring live tv to the hub but not being a slingbox owner and I’m not willing to pay over £20 to use their app for ipad. Is there any way that putting more options for live tv on the box such as the excellent Elgato Eye TV might be considered for a future update?

Tommy99HH wrote:

Hi Support,

thank you for the fast answer about maxdome support.

Will it be supported in future release or is it the first time that a smaller device will be better as the expensive one?

best regards

Tommy

Unfortunately, I wouldn’t know.  But it sounds like it will, since they already announced it.  However, don’t hold me to it.

“The Netflix videos are very small, they don’t fill up the screen.”

I’m getting the same issue. I tried different HDMI resolutions and with the same results.:cry:

Rolled back to 3.04.17 and Netflix plays fullscreen again.

HI…

I already updates the firmware 3.05… but my problem is…there’s no sound come out for all my movies.But there’s a sound for Live TV/Youtube. Previous version I can hear it. Anyway i am not using HDMI… I am using my composite cable (Red WHite Yellow) for my old television.

Please Help.

Thanks

Ar7

ar7istic wrote:

HI…

I already updates the firmware 3.05… but my problem is…there’s no sound come out for all my movies.But there’s a sound for Live TV/Youtube. Previous version I can hear it. Anyway i am not using HDMI… I am using my composite cable (Red WHite Yellow) for my old television.

Please Help.

Thanks

Ar7

• *Is the audio mode set to STEREO in the WD setup?

Yes…Its on Stereo, all the movie no Sound at all…

Plesk90 wrote:

At least add support to .m3u playlist so finily we can make flac files playlist. Also a way to display songs lyrics would be much appreciate.

WD you’re giving us firmware updates of two different products (WD TV Live Hub 1 TB and WD TV Live Streaming) like they were the same product but remember the hub has 1 TB hard disk and so we put our files and plays our files on the hub, the services are good optionals but I don’t think users will ever use all of them and in some country you will have only a few of them working.

I have not tried any of the new firmware and I am still running 2.07. but all versions I have run from 2.04-2.07 all supported m3u files

I have the same problem as ar7istic No sound on any movies. I use optic digital passthrough normally but also tried Stereo and on different TVs and amplifiers/speakers.

Anyone have an idea if there’s a fix or workaround? Or I’ll have to roll back, I guess

Yes but I mean something a little different, it will be nice if the hub can make and manage the playlist, more particulary the problem is that I’ve tested all the firmware version and you can’t add flac files in the playing queque by pressing option and add this track (I’m italian so I don’t know exactly the hub’s English interface) simply it won’t add it.

I’ve made a post in WD TV Live Hub ideas but the status is still new…

Add support to play a selected list of flac files from different album and different artist

Everthying seem ok for me now…i just go to setup…and RESET DEFAULT SETTING…now all movie got Sound already…

“Sleep” - Where is the feature hidden ?

The same old song - Cover thumbnail - DVD files are stored in the VIDEO_TS subdirectory:

Directory of F:\Videos\V2\Videos\SD\Movies\Action\22 Bullets (2010) [DVD9]

1. 2012 18:47 .
    1. 2012 18:47 …
    1. 2012 18:47 Artwork
    1. 2012 18:50 VIDEO_TS
    1. 2012 19:45 67 994 22 Bullets (2010) [DVD9].jpg
    1. 2012 19:45 67 994 22 Bullets (2010) [DVD9].metathumb
    1. 2012 20:19 2 372 22 Bullets (2010) [DVD9].xml
    1. 2012 20:29 85 708 folder.jpg

Cover thumbnail (22 Bullets (2010) [DVD9].metathumb) is displayed as default movie icon.

But … In “Info” section  is the file preview (thumbnail) of 22 Bullets (2010) [DVD9].metathumb displayed correctly …

A correction? I have serious concerns that may never have… :angry:

P.S. - (by the way) “Info” generated using “Get Content Info” - built-in function :smileyvery-happy:

Good job guys! 

Marwell wrote:

“Sleep” - Where is the feature hidden ?

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Firmware/New-Release-Firmware-Version-3-05-10-for-WD-TV-Live-Hub-6-5-12/m-p/416626/highlight/true#M4613

If you

1.)  In Services open the Vudu HD Movies App and browse a few titles.
2.) Exit from Vudu HD Movies
3.) Enter Watch MOJO App OR College Sports App
4.) Play any file in either of these Apps NO AUDIO
5.) Exit Watch Mojo or College Sports App and go to Youtube app
6.) Play any video and the audio will return.

Will someone else please try this and report back…I just want to know if my hub is the only one doing this.

I’m Using HDMI for video and optical output. Might not matter what you use and this MIGHT be somehow be tied in to others audio problems.

I’ve seen things like that in prior versions before…

It’s as if the previous app forgets to release the audio decoder or something.

Most of the time a quick “HDMI Reset” is all that’s needed to fix it.

I do that by tuning my AVR to another input and then back to the WDTV which re-triggers the HDMI.