New Release - Firmware Version 3.04.17 for WD TV Live Hub (5/7/12)

Josh_K wrote:

Hello friends, hey somebody knows if the old trick renaming png to jpg works again on this new update ?¡

Nope.

Updated with no issues. Just want to add that it’s about time for Resolved audio speed issue in M4V and MP4 after changing audio selection I have been waiting over a year for this.

badmem wrote:

flhthemi wrote:

Since I had problems with installing this update (previous post in this thread) I figured it would be a good idea to try playing an .iso. It worked fine for me, no problem at all. Moved around the menu from the .iso just like it should it played everything in the file fine.

I notice tho, that when I press the power button on my remote it now takes a little longer to power down to standby mode. I think I will run the update again only because I had an issue with the initial install where at the end of the update the unit didn’t boot up nor would it turn on until I pulled the plug out and put it back in. Maybe another burn will fix it…we’ll see.

Do you have the Match Video Frame Rate set to On or Off?

To me it seems like it takes longer to switch off as well, but I haven’t timed it.

You know I would check that setting but I just went through the entire Setup menu and can’t find it…wanna give me a hint as to how to get to it? I guess mine is set to whatever factory default is since I don’t know where to change it. :wink:

flhthemi wrote:

badmem wrote:

flhthemi wrote:

Since I had problems with installing this update (previous post in this thread) I figured it would be a good idea to try playing an .iso. It worked fine for me, no problem at all. Moved around the menu from the .iso just like it should it played everything in the file fine.

I notice tho, that when I press the power button on my remote it now takes a little longer to power down to standby mode. I think I will run the update again only because I had an issue with the initial install where at the end of the update the unit didn’t boot up nor would it turn on until I pulled the plug out and put it back in. Maybe another burn will fix it…we’ll see.

To me it seems like it takes longer to switch off as well, but I haven’t timed it.

You know I would check that setting but I just went through the entire Setup menu and can’t find it…wanna give me a hint as to how to get to it? I guess mine is set to whatever factory default is since I don’t know where to change it. :wink:

Setup / Audio Video Output / Video Output / HDMI / Auto / Auto / ((Match frame rate)) Off or on.

takes some times to load when I open it and  close it … very slow to react :frowning:

richUK wrote:

flhthemi wrote:

badmem wrote:

flhthemi wrote:

Setup / Audio Video Output / Video Output / HDMI / Auto / Auto / ((Match frame rate)) Off or on.

Ok it was set to OFF. So I set it to ON. Then I attempted playing an iso and it booted my Hub as if I had powered it all the way down. I would call that a BIG BUG and it’s one that should get a “Special FW Update” , I think this is a little more important than a MLB Special Release! If you can throw something out there for that then you can fix this too WD!

Ok it was set to OFF. So I set it to ON. Then I attempted playing an iso and it booted my Hub as if I had powered it all the way down. I would call that a BIG BUG and it’s one that should get a “Special FW Update” , I think this is a little more important than a MLB Special Release! If you can throw something out there for that then you can fix this too WD!

Thanks for confirming that. Could you vote for the bug report in the issues forum http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Issue-Reporting/Playing-ISO-Files-Reboots-Hub-after-3-04-17/idi-p/403442

Same goes for anybody else that is having this problem.

badmem wrote:

Thanks for confirming that. Could you vote for the bug report in the issues forum http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Issue-Reporting/Playing-ISO-Files-Reboots-Hub-after-3-04-17/idi-p/403442

Same goes for anybody else that is having this problem.

Did that as soon as I could after I found the Setting for frame rate :slight_smile:

DeVicious wrote: 

Someone who fancy’s TV shows can not turn on the library and loses good features because of that…

@DeVicious - I fancy TV shows (as you say) and have several series on my WD TV Live Hub. I have not had any of the issues you are describing. This is likely becase all of my TV shows are labeled consistantly. Check out the program WDTVHubGen ( http://wdtvhubgen.codeplex.com/releases/view/83495) and it will work wonders on renaming your files, grabbing metadata, downloading series icons and also specifying URLs for the Live Hub to download backdrops (once you select the video on the device itself).

@WD TV Live Hub devs - Thank you for finally rolling the Twonky Server fix that I gave to you into this new firmware! Also, what’s the deal with Drive Icons… When will we be able to add  custom icons for the internal and external drives (instead of the default folder icons)?

In addition I found another issue…Currently when moving a video to another folder the associated .backdrop folder remains in the old folder and is not moved to the new folder along with the video file.

Also, the interface in this new firmware is about 10x faster! Awesome!!!

flhthemi wrote:

richUK wrote:

flhthemi wrote:

badmem wrote:

flhthemi wrote:

Tony suggested we should post the Brand and model number of our TVs as it could be a problem with the way the Hub and TV HDMI interact. For WDs reference I’m using a Samsung LCD TV Model LA40C550. I’ve also posted that information in issue report comments.

Hi all,

I’m new to this forum, so I hope this is the right place to post this.

Jus upgraded and have a new issue:

everytime i pause any video playing from HDD it play back just for a few seconds after I press play again and then it stops and I have to start over and go manually to the time I was watching.

Anybody has a similar issue or knows a solution?

Thanks

Ater updating to the new FW my hub freezes(have to pull out the cable to restart) when playing iso files from a whole dvd .

Rolledback fw en Video Frame Rate dident work for me.

When i run the iso in DVDfab en take only the mainmove  en make a new iso with it the iso play without freezing the hub. To be sure i did an other movie and it works also. Hope this helps to solve the problem.

Update: when i go to settings, video settings, DVD menu and put it off the movie also play’s without freezing the hub.

Sry for my english.

Ron

First of all I thank the developer team of WDTV to finally put the option of VIdeos Shuffling.

Also thanks for updating the new youtube app interface but I have to each time enter that google.com/active password via my laptop to active the wd whcih is very frustrating. Anyway for its work around please …

Also I was disappointed by the same old youtube interface

1. There is no subscriptions channels link
  2. No option to play the videos in subscriptions from the order of upload (Sort by Upload Date)
  3. Though WD TV Live Hub developers have added the new youtube app (Lean back again with more options), The new Youtube TV Application asks for google.com/activate password everytime which means that I have to manually open my laptop each and every time for watching something on wd tv live using youtube. WD TV should save these settings. I don’t understand the need for the repeated authentication for the same google accout.

Other Features of the firmware in which I’m not satisfied

1. No Recursive Folder Traversing for playing total videos in folders/subfolders and put then in the shuffle mode (Like we have in Winamp/VlCLan) i.e simply adding a folder and all the media files in that folder and in its sub folders should be traversed automatically.
  2. When the Firmware Update pop up comes then when we click on ‘Whats New’ Tab then nothing comes even though internet is working 100% fine and is without any inbound/outbound firewalls.
  3. Media Library keeps led blinking for most the time. I’m forced to Turn Off Media Library for the speedy Browsing of the drive using my remote. Even a single file delete causes the complete library to almost reindex sometimes!
  4. Folder Level Authentication still not implimented.

Due to the new release, this thread is now closed.