New Release - Firmware Version 3.01.19 for WD TV Live Hub (12/20/11)

I am having trouble with the “network share” media library feature.  I select the new feature and find my drive ok. When I select the folder that has the movies I get an error as follows:

UNABLE TO CREATE MEDIA LIBRARY, THE SELECTED SOURCE IS CONFIGURED AS READ-ONLY WHICH PREVENTS THE WD TV FROM SAVING THE MEDIA LIBRARY.

Just so you guys at WD know, A standard and unchangable feature of Win7 is that it marks ALL  folders as read only. It has something to do with the way you are able to customize folders in Win7.  From what I have read, there is no way in Win7 to change the status of a folder, only files may be changed. I never marked any folders read-only. That is just the way they are.

Until this is sorted out and the new software plays nice with Win7, this feature is unusable to me.

There’s a new issue with some files with AAC audio. The player send the receiver a multichannel audio trough HDMI instead of a 2 channel as it is recorded. I saw this happening when using a Denon AVR-791 receiver and Onkyo TX-SR806. This issue is saw with Live Hub and the new WDTV Live Streaming.

lgrose wrote:

Haven’t installed update yet, but apparantely this version is meant to support the official WD Remote iPhone app…

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=570#tab20

Any comments?

The iPhone app is pretty slick. Although I still prefer a push button remote over the touch screen of the phone, should I ever loose or break my remote, I have a backup. It appears to me that there is more functionality in the iPhone remote.

Overall I’m happy with the new firmware. Admittedly I’m not using the full capability of the Hub to store and play network files. Some day when I have all that time to burn BluRays! The Hub’s streaming services keep getting better, not perfect, but more content = happier user. But when are we going to see a screen saver work in Netflix? This would seem to be a no brainer.

Ok WD I know you have a lot of people to please, but…

From my own selfish point of view you are getting there, but you are kicking the backside out of it.

Considering you can now rescan a folder, batch get content info, great things and I like it.

But if the Hub is designed for sharing and displaying content, why am I stuck with an external hard drive that I cant share in My Media Folder, I can’t write content either as it says it’s “read only”.

As someome mentioned before the Flixter app looks nice, why can’t I get the same look with my own videos,  why do all my videos look so dire, the thumbnails are a crappy resolution and don;t even fit it the box.

I am also quite annoyed as the new firmware looks good as far as what is supposed to be working now, but you broke most of it to begin with.

Please for the love of god, make the thumbnails better, and fix sharing drives.

And what QC process did this go through, the Russian music app speaks volumes !!

yes you are correct all folders in Windows[not just 7] are default to READ ONLY. However when you SHARE them wihin Windows you need to set permissions[write access]for the user you are sharing with[the user profile you log in using the hub].

I would recommend creating a seperate windows profile specifically for the hub. then share the solders you want with the hub and set proper permission for this new user. Change your login information in the hub to use this profile.

Expected error correction the 24.000 fps? 23.976 fps good, working but the 24.000 fps no. Please help!

drizzt09 wrote:

yes you are correct all folders in Windows[not just 7] are default to READ ONLY. However when you SHARE them wihin Windows you need to set permissions[write access]for the user you are sharing with[the user profile you log in using the hub].

I would recommend creating a seperate windows profile specifically for the hub. then share the solders you want with the hub and set proper permission for this new user. Change your login information in the hub to use this profile.

or, you could just set permissions to “Everyone” couldn’t you?

Hi drizzt09

Thanks for that.

I did change the attributes for every man and his dog. And then it let me select it as a Windows Share.

So I add it, but it does not show up in My Media, nor does it let me scan or get content info.

The internal Drive I share is fine, but this is an external USB added to shares, when I look at the properties in Win 7, admin to guest can do all, but when I check the info on the WD, it still says READ ONLY ?

@jonkjon

No that does not work either.

Don’t get me wrong I can access the shares fine under network share. But since it is classed as Read Only, I cannot write content info to it, or it does not link to “My Media Library”.

Ha sussed it.

All I had to do was put all Movie files inside a new folder on the external USB drive.

Then select inside tht folder…boom it is now classed as “Ready”.

You can then scan and add content info etc… :smileyvery-happy:

edit - Mmmm spoke too soon. Well I now see the folder called Movies in “My Media Library”, but if I click rescan in either System or in the Video menu it does nothing. It has scanned it once as I have a higher number of Videos in the Videos tab, but it has not added content info, even though I have it set to auto. Best I do it one at a time…WD you sure make things hard work sometimes :frowning:

Best firmware update for me yet…

Kudos WD Support, my audio issues have been resolved under this latest firmware update.

I started loosing faith in the Hub and stopped recommending the box based on my past experiences.

But now after I played with it yesterday I changed my mind and will buy a couple mopre for placing in other rooms.

Thank you for listening and fixing the problems.

I’m glad to see some positive feedback for this update.

I just want to remind everyone to post any issues you encounter on our Issue Reporting Exchange.

1 Like

Still no BBC iPlayer? :frowning:

still have the same wirelles issue experienced in 3.00.28, SSID is detected and system just does not log in. Key is on the matrix list.

I have seem many people posting this in the forum and in the Issue Reporting section not sure why it has been ignored…reverting back to 2.08

The Tunein application can’t playback stantions from 101.ru, "unsupported file format" message appear :cry:

Also still got the problem with mkvs that exit the videoe after 20 minutes with audio continuing in the background.

another **bleep** updated.

Well I seem to have tracked down the reason my folder.jpg will not show.  I have new content that had its metadata generated on the WD with the new .metathumb file structure.

If even one of these metathumb files is in a folder, the UI ignores the folder.jpg and instead displays the 1st metathumb file instead.  

I have duplicated this by deleting the metafile and then sure enough, with no metathumbs in the folder, on recompile, the folder.jpg is displayed.  If i gather content info on any item and get a new .xml and .metathumb file for it, it displays the metathumb.

PLEASE tell me I am missing a setting someplace???  Can anyone else reproduce this?

ALSO, and even more disappointing, all of the art once again is pixelated and in poor resolution.  I built all these nice images for my kids and now they look horrendous.  When will this get fixed?!!?!?!?  I did not used to be like that.

Well the snagFilms in services looks great it is a shame it does not work. What ever movie you click on you get a german santa talking then it locks at the end. My question was this device even tested this time again. Bugs bugs and more bugs. Back to 1.07.17 for me once again. I am also sick of it changing all the titles of my tv series and calling all of them 60min

this update is pretty good so far. 

i really like the WD remote app on my iPhone. like another poster commented, the menus seem to be more responsive. one cool thing is now the iPhone can be used as a wireless keyboard! renaming and searching for stuff is so much easier now :slight_smile:  i really enjoy the swipe gesture. the stock WD remote control has thick and hard to press buttons and it always needs to be pointed directly at the hub. the iPhone remote paired up automatically and can be used anywhere in my home.

one day i’d love to see the remote turn into a mimic display to see exactly what is happening on the TV. :slight_smile:

keep up the good work 

It’s a bloody shame that WD still didn’t add the png support in the new firmware!
Great theme makers like JoeySmyth cannot give support for latest firmware because WD won’t listen to our wishes.
Why a great interface with custom theme when you cannot use them ?
Very BAD Western Digital…! I did expected something better from you!

1 Like