New Release - Firmware Version 3.00.28 for WD TV Live Hub (11/17/11)

Things I’ve noticed…

When playing a movie the option menu has a feature called “Audio Lip Sync”. *Nice

Also the Option Menu shows more info about the video i.e… Video codec, Bit Rate, Audio Codec. *Looks cool IMO

I did see in the release info that powered USB hubs are now supported has anybody tried it yet. Can wait to buy if it works :smileyvery-happy: have lots of drive I want to connect LOL.

Keep posting any new things you find :slight_smile:

@Martina:    http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/

@Gundam:  I tried USB hub on my SMP and it works well.   It does need to be a POWERED USB HUB.   

Lip Sync is nifty (I only have a few files that need it.)  But it has a minor bug…  If you PAUSE the video, the Lip Sync adjustment is lost.   

Thank You TonyPH12345 buying it at amazon right now :smileyvery-happy:

I also can’t connect via WiFi after the update.  I’ve noticed that the Signal Strength bars oscillate between full bars and zero bars every 10 seconds or so.  I want to try to downgrade but can’t find the older FW packages online.

tried 2 new M2TS files

one with DTS and another file with PCM multichannel.  This time I stored it on my PC instead of the Hub

First time on the DTS M2TS file.  would not play first time

rebooted device

2nd time played but no sound, same happed the 4 other times.

Tried other file with PCM audio and it would not play at all

The PCM file has AVC video Codec

The DTS file is also AVC video Codec

I am going to Roll back the firmware and see if it goes back to normal.

@Garold You should download it from here http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/~/how-to-roll-back-the-firmware-on-a-wd-tv-live-hub-media-center Make sure the USB stick is clean. I actually had some hidden files on it, so it created a problem and the device didn’t want to rollback. I have formatted the memory stick and copied downloaded files to it. Rolled back fine. The Internet came alive. But I’ll try to upgrade anyway, just curious :slight_smile:

This question has been answered and its still being asked

TO ROLL BACK FIRMWARE…

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/

Rolled back firmware and the M2TS files play perfectly.   The 2 that have PCM default to PMC stereo and allow me to switch to the Dolby Digital sountrack.

Firmware 3.00.28 is broken when it comes to M2TS

@doobre:  Found it!  Thank you so much!

I played an m2ts movie on my hub over optical pass through, sound works and movie plays properly.

Media Info:      

General
ID                               : 1 (0x1)
Complete name                    : Y:\Videos\Priest\Priest 2011 1080p.m2ts
Format                           : BDAV
Format/Info                      : Blu-ray Video
File size                        : 4.00 GiB
Duration                         : 1h 27mn
Overall bit rate                 : 6 541 Kbps
Maximum Overall bit rate         : 35.5 Mbps

Video
ID                               : 4113 (0x1011)
Menu ID                          : 1 (0x1)
Format                           : AVC
Format/Info                      : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                   : High@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC           : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames        : 3 frames
Format settings, GOP             : M=4, N=32
Codec ID                         : 27
Bit rate mode                    : Variable
Bit rate                         : 5 757 Kbps
Maximum bit rate                 : 25.0 Mbps
Width                            : 1 920 pixels
Height                           : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 16:9
Frame rate                       : 23.976 fps
Color space                      : YUV
Chroma subsampling               : 4:2:0
Bit depth                        : 8 bits
Scan type                        : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.116
Stream size                      : 3.56 GiB (89%)
Writing library                  : x264 core 114 r1924 08d04a4
Encoding settings                : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=4 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=5757 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=25000 / vbv_bufsize=25000 / nal_hrd=vbr / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00

Audio
ID                               : 4352 (0x1100)
Menu ID                          : 1 (0x1)
Format                           : AC-3
Format/Info                      : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension                   : CM (complete main)
Codec ID                         : 129
Bit rate mode                    : Constant
Bit rate                         : 448 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 6 channels
Channel positions                : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                        : 16 bits
Compression mode                 : Lossy
Stream size                      : 280 MiB (7%)
Language                         : English

well tried the new firmware … so far so good

and while playing a video and pressing options on the remote

details such as audio codec, size, url of fileshare, bitrate are shown

but

as i’m using a modified theme, there’s some alignment issues.

Well i can’t find the view info option anymore and can’t also find the get contentinfo option!

firetix wrote:

Well i can’t find the view info option anymore and can’t also find the get contentinfo option!

Get Content info will appear if there’s no infos in the movie folder, when content infos exist you should use Rescan info, or press on options while playing the movie and select Rescan Info :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot … will try it

BTW

the live hub is downloading backdrops and storing them locally automatically.

Is there a way to stop this ?

e.g.

super.8. → parent folder

.Super.8.backdrop  ->folder contains all backdrops listed as backdrop01.jpg … backdrop02.jpgs

.super.8.mkv

.super8.xml

Regarding my WiFi problem, I rolled back to 2.08.13 and it’s working again.  Like the other user, I have a D-Link USB Wifi stick and it appears as though the new FW breaks something.

Anyone can get content info and view info on network share?

It seems i’ve lost these functions after the update.

I can only do view info and content info when my content source is the internal storage.

Anyone noticed this ??

and

->Supports screen capture feature.

where do i find this feature?

I too am unable to get the content info on my NAS.  Plus when it compiles to the NAS it completely locks up and hoses my entire network and have to reboot everything.  This is ■■■■!

firetix wrote:

…  I can only do view info and content info when my content source is the internal storage.

->Supports screen capture feature.

… where do i find this feature?

1st question:  Go back and re-read message 53. 

2nd question:  You can set a Remote Hotkey to do screen capture.   It saves it to an attached USB disk.

1 Like

Rolled back to 2.08 and now my wifi is back. i don’t know if it is a specific problem with dlink stick or what…but reverting back and now i can view online content.

I won’t upgrade again until i see on this forum that people have upgraded and wifi works. I can’t believe they didn’t test this before releasing.

really useful update so many features ive missed before…auto content, media manager, rss feeds and so on!!

update works fine took me 5 mins with my wlan stick and my first impression is great