New Release - Firmware Version 3.00.28 for WD TV Live Hub (11/17/11)

One bug I’ve noticed with Spotify:

Tracks are now playing consecutively - thank God - but I noticed, when I had shuffle on in a playlist, it would show that the tracks were playing from the beginning (track 1, then track 2, etc.) but it would be playing tracks in a random order. For example: I would select track 1 and it would play track 5. At the top it would have the title of track 1 and the little speaker to the right of the tracks would be next to track 1. I would however be hearing track 5. The info at the bottom of the screen, just above the YouTube-esqu scrolling player, would show the correct track name.

I deselected shuffle and tracks proceeded normally, with the correct info.

Aside from that bug, seems like a good update. Cheers!

I have no problem with .m2ts file video and audio works fine. Audio is set to pcm 6 channel

I just updated the firmware 3.00.28 but now I can’t play BlueRay ISO and TS file. Please advice me how can I downgrade to previous firmware.

Thanks ALL

pacorob wrote:

frfa1 wrote:

pacorob wrote:

Remark on the RSS feed and missing in manual

There should be a ‘+’ option on the screen to add RSS feeds + type url (that will be nasty without a physical keyboard). In the manual PDF page 173 - book page 168 or chapter 14) from the latest WDTV Live this feature is mentioned because it was in there from the start.

I was not able to find this

I’m very curious if we can also add video rss feeds so we can play e.g. The Daily Show with Jon Stewart or Colbert Report (which are also available worldwide i think at least it’s available in the Netherlands).

http://www.comedycentral.com/rss/tdsvideos.jhtml

http://extechops.net/full-episode-feeds/daily-show.rss
http://extechops.net/full-episode-feeds/colbert-report.rss

This is an issue because the RSS links above are not real RSS addresses but links to open a web page with the flash window. For real RSS should be possible using Mediafly Onair.

I have tried the Mediafly Onair app and did find e.g. The Daily show with Jon Stewart when using the search feature in the iphone app however both the ‘Comedy’ icon and ‘CTV’ version give the message ‘this video is currently not available’ on my iPhone.Is this maybe because i live in the Netherlands where those two feeds are blocked for IPs outside US. The above do work in Europe (Netherlands) as well and i can watch the stream via the website in NL.

I’m also wondering where in the app i can connect to my WDTV Live Hub as I simply can with the ZappoTV app.

Unfortunately both apps don’t have a feature to add one of the above rss feeds. I only found in the ‘Settings’ of the Mediafly Onair app the feature ‘Content source’ but the above links did not work. You need to have a ‘mCode’ whatever that may be.

Mediafly has the window to paste one or more url at

http://onair.mediafly.com/AddFeed

if you use one PC and has an account in Mediafly. Using PC at

http://onair.mediafly.com

you can see this link as ADD YOUR RSS FEED. The iPhone version of OnAir do not have this option. The feeds put this way will appear on the iPhone

I have tried with the 3 links you mentioned. Mediafly accept it but cannot download the video since the links are not real RSS links.

I used this way to put many feeds in my favorites that  can not be found using search function of  Mediafly.

foetus wrote:

DVD thumbnail does´t show up on DVD folder (folder with subfolder - VIDEO_TS)
Insted of cover art, wd shows media icon

No problems here…

Is this with PRE-EXISTING thumbs or thumbs the hub scraped itself?

WD community,

Firmware Version 3.00.28 for WD TV Live Hub released on (11/17/11) was installed on my WDTV Live hub that was running FW version  2.04.13 I must admit, WD has done extensive additions since that last stable firmware release 2.04.13

Now, I have attempted every firmware that WD released and I have always rolled back to FW 2.04.13 within the hour of testing as it would fail miserably in some way or the other. This release however, I was able to run for 4 hrs or more of testing with various file formats, and my media collection is mostly DVD ISOs and MKVs with few odd mp4’s and mp3’s

Yes, The FW  3.00.28 brings new additions like RSS feeds, Much awaited support for USB hubs with HDD support etc’ etc; that you can read in the release notes but as always there is some problems with a new  release firmware, FW  3.00.28 is no exception to that rule.

All these tests were done with Media Library OFF as I never and will ever use that function as it is a resource hog in WDTV LIve HUB, If your media files are properly organised in their respective folders like I do, There is no need for media library trust me on that. WD has listened to users like me and made almost all necessary functions work with Media Library turned OFF and I must thank WD developers for that!

Having said, Here are the bugs that still do exisit with FW  3.00.28  

1. Playback of most files DVD ISOs are okay but there are some exceptions, There are some DVD ISOs which has some strange Menu items fail to play when used in Gallery mode, The same works fine with Preview mode

I had reported this to  WD on 01-07-2011 (Yes a while back) and it was fixed with FW  2.04.13 But I see that old issue has come back!

Read that post again: http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/Unable-To-Play-A-Iso-File/m-p/113154#M3878

It seems to me that FW  3.00.28  is a direct port back of the DVD playback Code that was released on the WDTV Live SMP hardware, The WDTV Live SMP also suffers with this issue.

WD need to look into this and fix the DVD ISO playback issues. 

2. DVD ISO media recorded using DVD_VR function does not play with Menus

Again, this is the same issue that was reported back during the early stages of WDTV LIve HUB and the problem has come back to haunt me. 

Please see this post which I did on 11-08-2010  http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/DVD-ISO-media-recorded-using-DVD-VR-function-does-not-play-with/m-p/77964#M465

1. For me, the Firmware is not stable after about 4 hours of use, It sporadically displays " Unable to play this type of file format, Please refer to the user Manual for supported file formats" … when I attempt to play a DVD ISO This is also a old intermittent bug that has been reported by me before.

See this posting done by me on 04-13-2011  http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Firmware/New-Release-Firmware-Version-2-05-08-for-WD-TV-Live-Hub-4-12-11/m-p/171672#M794

1. MP4 video Files with OGG Vorbis Audio causes loud crackling sound

This is still not fixed, See this post here

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/BUG-MKV-amp-MP4-video-Files-with-OGG-Vorbis-Audio-causes-loud/m-p/111070#M3621

So, Somewhere, Somehow, WD decided to forget all the bug fixes and add new functions, Now that combination is not working for me and will not work for other either.

Bottom-line:

It is definately better, but not perfect, If the above issues are fixed, I can say it is almost perfect.

I am not a heavy online services user, I never use FACEBOOK, I never will use RSS on a device like this wherein you are forced to use a clunky onscreen keyboard etc; etc; But I am sure others will report many issues regarding online services and WD can get feedback from them.

WD has been very actively working on the firmware and I must give KUDOs for the developers, The Firmware has gotten bigger and includes many new options which seldom most people use, What people use most from this player is playback of local media files and if WD concentrates on perfecting that I call that a WIN WIN for all of us.

Please WD, Read my posts, Talk with your developers, and port those fixes to DVD playback which is found in FW version  2.04.13.

Thanks!

Hey all I wanted to let WD know that the new firmware kills off any use of Tversity via the Media Server option. Before I would go through the Media Server option and it it would show up, now it just says “No Media Content Available” or something to that effect. The advantage of this program allows you to view all media in one folder without the need to continually change your source and it also gives you the ability to exclusively separate LAN specific folders for PC’s from Media specific which are shared via Tversity, giving the user separation between LAN and Media servers. For example I would have the Tversity folder and within this it has my hub drive, external drive (off the WDTV Live hub) and also my shared 1.5 TB My book drive (from my PC) which is all accessed from the one area. In addition to this Tversity also transcodes and obscure formats that the live cant handle. This is really a deal breaker for me so I went back to 2.08 which is again working fine. I hope this is fixed in future updates. Cheers Hashy

I can not see the “Get info” option anymore

TonyPh12345 wrote:

foetus wrote:

DVD thumbnail does´t show up on DVD folder (folder with subfolder - VIDEO_TS)
Insted of cover art, wd shows media icon

No problems here…

Is this with PRE-EXISTING thumbs or thumbs the hub scraped itself?

I have deleted preexisting info

and scraped new one

I get backdrops but no thumbnail

not only “get info” missing but several of the options which used to appear when the “options” button is pressed (including “add favourites”)…

I see that there is a new way of assigning the content location…

I think I need a new manual to check out these changes… where can i find ? found it

frfa1 wrote:

Mediafly has the window to paste one or more url at

http://onair.mediafly.com/AddFeed

if you use one PC and has an account in Mediafly. Using PC at

http://onair.mediafly.com

you can see this link as ADD YOUR RSS FEED. The iPhone version of OnAir do not have this option. The feeds put this way will appear on the iPhone

I have tried with the 3 links you mentioned. Mediafly accept it but cannot download the video since the links are not real RSS links.

I used this way to put many feeds in my favorites that  can not be found using search function of  Mediafly.

I tried it myself too and it doesn’t work unfortunately. Maybe i will send a e-mail to Mediafly to see what is possible there. I also contacted ZappoTV to see if they can support such video rss feeds as the ones i found. Who knows maybe WDTV comes with a upgrade to support such video rss feeds.

doobre wrote:

I can not see the “Get info” option anymore

It does work fine here. I see the option at my movies.

pacorob wrote:

I tried it myself too and it doesn’t work unfortunately. Maybe i will send a e-mail to Mediafly to see what is possible there. I also contacted ZappoTV to see if they can support such video rss feeds as the ones i found. Who knows maybe WDTV comes with a upgrade to support such video rss feeds.

Did you try to subscribe it as a podcast using iTunes? If this is possible I suppose it could be seen via WDTV if your computer is conected to WDTV.

doobre wrote:

not only “get info” missing but several of the options which used to appear when the “options” button is pressed (including “add favourites”)…

I see that there is a new way of assigning the content location…

I think I need a new manual to check out these changes… where can i find ? found it

• *It works fine. If you have CONTENT INFO set to automatic, you must WAIT for it to complete its own before you try to do it manually. If you have CONTENT INFO set to MANUAL, you must wait until the media library has finished compiling. Finally, you must have the CONTENT SOURCE set to MY MEDIA LIBRARY,
1 Like

I’ve just decide to install the previous firmware again and now the audio & video of the m2ts files is perfect!! I’ll wait for a new release,… 3.00.28 is not so good due this :frowning:

TonyPh12345

TONY

thanks the options have appeared now the search for media has completed, which was done after setting the shares in my “My Media Library”…

• Supports Auto Get Content Info.

Much appreciated!

oh god…everytime there is a firmware update it becomes hours of agony of my life…such a tease…all the new features look great but i can;t get signed back onto the internet to save my life…rolled all the way back to version 2.16 now just to try and hook back up…and i have a feeling i;m gonna fail miserably…why oh why is there so many different problems and inconsistencies in something that is made by the same manufacturer…this person has that problem…somebody else has a different problem…just **bleep** soo bad with a product that coule be awesome…anybody notice how netflix had a version 3.0 a few versions back (think it was 2.05 or something) and then now it just **bleep** again and only has crappy movies listed???

it **bleep** if you figure out how to get back on the internet let me know…nothing works now…gonna throw it out the window pretty soon

buzzgoodnow wrote:

it **bleep** if you figure out how to get back on the internet let me know…nothing works now…gonna throw it out the window pretty soon

If it’s working on your local net and not working on the internet, then the problem is most likely your router.

The TS, M2TS and BDW files isnt working!!!