New Release - Firmware Version 3.00.28 for WD TV Live Hub (11/17/11)

WD is happy to announce our latest firmware update for the WD TV Live Hub Media Player.  

You may discuss your experiences with the new firmware here.  But, if you experience any issues with this firmware, please report them in the WD TV Live Hub Issue Reporting exchange.

1 Like

Just updated to Firmware version  3.00.28 and the Live Hub consistently locks up. Is there anyway to remove the firmware update, the Hub is now unusable.

Can you do a reset on it, including a power cycling, and see if that helps.

After update, lost wifi connection and can’t connect anymore. Tried ten times already!

Did you try resetting and powercycling the device, also?

I did reset device through the menu with no change and then I turned off the device for some 30 sec. Still can’t connect…

A lot of issues seemed to have been resolved, will try this at the earliest and give feed back asap.

btw it best to update the firmware by a usb pen drive, i’ve always used this method and never experienced any problem with any firmware updates process.

My first update was with USB and latest two I’ve made via the device. Interesting. So should I try to make the update again with USB ? Will the device run the upgrade having the same firmware already installed? I don’t want to downgrade…

Doesn’t seem like iTunes server has been fixed. ;/

I updated to 3.00.28 and now when I try to access my 3 TB My Book via the videos folder I get this message, Warning: Unable to build and save media library as the WD TV is unable to save data on the connected device. Advance features such as Sort & Filter will be disabled.  Any thoughts?

1 Like

Bergmann wrote:
My first update was with USB and latest two I’ve made via the device. Interesting. So should I try to make the update again with USB ? Will the device run the upgrade having the same firmware already installed? I don’t want to downgrade…

You can try it through the usb, just in case it really didn’t take.  Otherwise, you’ll need to roll back first, then retry it with the usb stick.

Evening all, just upgraded firmware to 3.0.0.28, first thing very fast upgrade … approx 5mins.

New things :

Main Menu - RSS section added

Audio/Video Output - Dolby Dynamic Range Settings

Apperance - RSS Ticker

Setup - Get Content Info, Meta-Source Manager

So far plays my Films ( AVI, MP4, MKV, ISO etc ), Music and shows my Photos all okay.

Good times so far :) 

is this release good or not cause a lot of negative comments !!

After a first test drive I like it. A bunch of things are resolved, the video run page shows the correct image (cover) again thumbnails are still cropped wrong and in bad quality, nothing has been done here, however local backdrops load A LOT faster now. Having said all that, I am not using the media library at all / ever… so I don’t know what’s going if you do. My external hard drive was recognized again, maybe coincidence but so far this is a step forward.

zlightbulb80 wrote:

Just updated to Firmware version  3.00.28 and the Live Hub consistently locks up. Is there anyway to remove the firmware update, the Hub is now unusable.

What do you mean by lockup?  Are you able to access the UI, but not any media?  Or are you not able to access anything?

Incredible. I cannot see m2ts files!!! I could see them with the previous versions. Please solve it.

No problems here with .TS files with new firmware; don’t have any .M2TS files, tho.

Just updated w/o problem. All functionalities working but sound of AccuWeather videos has very bad quality…

Yeah, that’s Accuweather for ya… the quality is pretty low, even on my PC and iPad.

I have NO sound from my m2ts files. I see the movie but no audio signal is sent to my receiver. That’s virtually my entire movie library!