New Release - Firmware Version 2.08.13 for WD TV Live Hub (10/6/11)

Hello.

Well that was a nice firmware of yours.! Just made me lost 6 movies in blu-ray without anykind of manipulation. There just gone… gone but the subs, xml, jpeg are all there…

I don’t think I need anykind of response but this is REALLY REALLY NOT APPRECIATED.

New Firmware does not display video art.

2 hours ago

In the video library, when you “Get Content Info” from the internet, the live hub downloads the content for the movie and saves the .jpg file and the .xml file, but the .jpg file does not show in the movie listings.

This is what I was trying to say. I have the same problem.

1 Like

Playlists are functional again (after not working in last upgrade)  AND the bug that limited play to the first 60 or so items on a playlist  (songs in my case)  seems to be fixed. Hope I’m not speaking too soon, but this makes me happy.  

Also, regarding other issues reported in this thread, no problems with firmware looping here (wired ethernet connection for upgrade), and the movie artwork / jpgs all seem fine.

Thanks WD

I just updated the firmware and all of my files are gone!

when I click on the mapped network drive on my computer the only thing that shows up are 2 folders containing recovered file fragments and an empty TwonkyMediaServer-log text doc. so this definitely isnt just an issue of needing to recompile my media library. I’ve ensured that the media source is set to internal storage so that isnt the issue either. however when i go to Setup>system>disk manager (within the livehub, not my pc) it still shows that I only have 292.30GB of free space. I’ve already tried restarting the livehub just for good measure but still nothin…

Someone please help me out…

I keep getting

New firmware download failed due to network connection error. Please check your network connection and try again.

Fine, so after losing half a gig to downloads that won’t work I go to the site and download it manually. I follow the instructions on how to install them here:  http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/?family=wdfwdtv_livehub

Well, for one there is no “settings” bar. There is a setup bar. Two, there is no option to “upgrade firmware”. Button simply does not exist. I’ve done this before so it should work. Needless to say, upgrade is not happening.

After rebooting a few times it finally recognized the USB drive and installed the firmware. The new Youtube Leanback could use a few things, like a home screen instead of just playing the video. The ability to sign in would be nice. Two Youtube services on the Hub and still no way to view channels I have subscribed to. 

hello

any chance the new auto content scraping tool from the new wdtv live streamer is implemented in this firmware???

thanks

craig

Craig1231 wrote:

hello

any chance the new auto content scraping tool from the new wdtv live streamer is implemented in this firmware???

thanks

craig

It is not.

Can anyone confirm if this firmware still freezes when you exit Netflix like in the previous update? I didn’t see any mention of it on the changelist. I’m not about to touch this firmware if THAT those bugs haven’t been fixed. Thanks!

Those bugs?   You only mention one.  :)

Ok…THAT bug…

That’s the main one that convinced me to rollback. Can anyone provide feedback on how Netflix is now?

So, did it do that when you exited the netflix APP, or when you would exit a netflix STREAM?

Basically, in the last firmware version, almost every time I tried to exit the Netflix App (pressing the home button on the remote), the WD TV Hub would freeze (black screen). The only way to get it to boot back up was to manually disconnect power and plug it back in. I know I am not the only one who had this problem, as it was discussed heavily in the 2.07.17 firmware thread.

If anyone could comment on this issue with the new firmware, that would be really helpful.

no 5.1PCM passthrough yet, and the status is changed from “in Review” to “new”… wth?

who runs this company, seriously?

1 Like

Apart of all is it possible to update directly to the newest from Version 2.05.08 or prior without updating first all the others?

Because if not, i will never ever update this Device anyway, i simply skipped to many crappy Updates and it would be non-sense if i need to do every autoupdate, so i hope autoupdate will update directly to the newest if i then once decide to do it?!

tm9ZL34UhIf68B2 wrote:

Because if not, i will never ever update this Device anyway…

What POSSIBLE difference would it make?

In reply to my own question about Netflix issues…

I went ahead and updated. I manually flashed the firmware via USB drive. Update was smooth, and so far the freezing issues I had with Netflix (exiting a live stream & exiting the app by pressing home button) on the prior firmware release seem to be non-existant. 

I will post back if I start having problems with it again.

OK scratch all that. Netflix crashed during a stream about 5 minutes in. Had no other option but to pull the power on the WD. Also noticed that it no longer detects my USB attached external drive. Another horrible firmware release from WD.

Downgrading now…

If you do the autoupdate, it will do one at a time until you get caught up to the latest firmware.  Look up our Answer ID 5749 for how to do it - whether manually or automatically.

All my custom  Film folder and file images are not showing anymore!!! any that I have done recently through “Get Info” show? 

I’ve re-booted, powered off and changed theme to and from default and still my custom imgaes will no show.

I’m really [Deleted] off with this as these images (700+) took me a few days to create, Hope someone can come up with a fix or update to themes to get these showing again.

This update really is a bag of ■■■■ - Nice one WD, next time how about asking for beta testers before releasing updates like the rest of the world does!!

3 Likes

me too

lost all my custom  (for .dvdmedia files) jpg images

grrrrrrrr

:cry: