New Release - Firmware Version 2.06.10 for WD TV Live Hub (5/17/11)

EXECdesign wrote:

Still nothing new? No new release? No fixes? Sad, sad…

Netgear goes it on right the opposite way:

Yeah, and the prior release was over eight months ago!   Your point is sorely off target… :wink:

No, not really. The NV+ is over 7(!!) years old and 4.1.7 was running quite stable - including support of 4K sectors & 3TB HDDs… for over eight months now :wink:

By the way, NetGear has out the beta release. I just come back from a friend of mine who’s still waiting for any update for his WD network storage (it’s announced, but nothing online yet and it’s a quite new device and no 7 years old hardware dino).

No, I get that.  Cheers to NetGear for supporting older product!

But you were chastising WD for not having a new firmware out for the Hub after only two months.

And NetGears RAIDiator software hasn’t been updated on any NEW products, either, since November of 2010.  Eight months.

WD = 2 Months.

NetGear = 8 months.

As long as it’s WORKING, that’s no problem for me. My NAS runs rock stable even with fullHD video editing and multible Macs/PCs working on it simultaneously.

The WD device DOESN’T run propperly (but has got games now, wow), THAT’S the point.

I don’t wanna make promotion for NetGear, it could also be any other manufacturer…

I’m just very dissapointed of the WD support and it seems it’s not getting better.

They made a really GOOD product which I bought as a glowing WD fan. And then the firmware destroyed most of the good 1st impressions. Missing (basic) options in the menues and bugs, bugs, bugs with no fast minor hot fixes - and at last even no fixes in the major update… but games *rolleyes*

I know you are the pro voice for the device here in the forum (hired or not), but that’s just true if you take it or not.

If I wouldn’t mind I wouldn’t post here to show the importance of a change in support behavior.

1 Like

We just released a new firmware version for the WD TV Live Hub.  I am closing this thread.