New Release - Firmware Version 1.06.16_B for WD TV Live Plus (8/2/11)

Tversity also stopped working for me so I had to roll back. Too bad as I wanted to check out Hulu Plus.

I’m ready to throw this WD out with the trash. Turns out that the automatic update for my Live Plus installed Live HUB update 2.07.17!!! 

[Deleted]

I’m assuming I now have to delete everything and start from scratch.

Netflix will only ‘retrieve’ a quarter of the way and then stop.  When you back out and try and get to the Home page of the WDTV, it locks up. 

Is this  a kind of a joke??

What about network fix for Mac OS Lion? The most important bug in all your network devices… You release a new firmware without fixing this major problem? What a shame… :confused:

Just upgraded to new firmware, now my wd tv live plus dosen’t see my external hd. I had to restore older firmware.

Exactly same issue here with a Dlink DWA-125, just stop working after upgrade to 1.06.16_B. The led in the dongle doesn’t turn on anymore.

I also need to rollback firmware.

Regards

Update via internet.

had an issue were some content menus would refresh over and over and lockup. had to unplug unit to gain control back. after resetting unit to defaults issue seems to have cleared.

further testing is underw way.

PS3 UPNP AV seems to work ok, but needs more testing.

Update on both my Live + units went well.  So far, it plays my video files (selected a few different types) from my NAS without any problems.  Even noticed that the mis-aligned menu under Options is now fixed.

One thing I did notice was that since the audio options have been changed in this release, that the unitl does not retain the previous audio settings and defaults to Stereo.  Had to go into this option and set manually for both of my installations.

Otherwise, so far so good on this end.  Will continue to test.

Also, the new Game feature was a bit of a surprise.  Can’t imagine that “the people” have been clamoring for such a feature, so not sure how it got on the priority list given all the fixes and requested features that are widely known.  I’d recommend the team to remained focused on the product at hand and stay away from the gamebox market!

1 Like

Update went well for me. HuluPlus app looks really well done, thanks. Playon still works, and my local media library streamed from my Dlink NAS looks good. The Game thing is kind of odd. Was there demand for Games on these things? I suppose all electronics are aiming for the casual gamers…but I hope there was not too much effort into adding that. Guess the only thing I am waiting on is adding Amazon On Demand…although I see that Amazon is very picky about whose hardware will stream their content.

The GAMES thing was probably just added because it’s on the Hub, and cross-compiling into this code was trivial.

Playback begins slow and choppy for a few seconds, then freezes up. 

These files played flawlessly in 1.05.04_V.

Filetype: AVI

Codec: WMV3

Framerate: 119.88

WMV3 in an AVI with fps of 30 still works fine.

Putting these files into a WMV container with ‘ffmpeg -vcodec copy -acodec copy -i .avi name.wmv’ creates a new file that plays flawlessly.

Update went fine. But, the dreaded but, it seems that AAC in mp4 files will only play if Stereo is selected in audio options. Then everything else recognized as PCM 2 channel. If I manually set HDMI only no sound for the AAC files but the other audio formats play just fine. Receiver is an ONKYO TX-SR608.

How did you roll back to a previous version?  I’m new to WD TV Live Plus so I don’t yet have an archive of older firmware.  Is there a repository of older firmware on the WD site?

Thanks

While WD may be happy to announce their latest firmware update for the WD TV Live Plus Media Player (Release 1.06.16), I am not.  I’m recently new to the WD TV Live Experience.  I’m in the process of migrating off the Apple TV.  Or should I say I was in the process.  The biggest feature I have enjoyed thus far is having all my media on an external USB hard drive and connected to the WD TV Live Plus. Since the upgrade to Release 1.06.16 I have lost that ability.

Really, is this the level of Quality Control I can expect from WD???

Obviously, I’m less than happy about the current situation.  I have no idea how to roll back to the previous code, as I see many have posted doing so.  Is there not a repository on WD for such instances as this?

Oh well, back to the drawing board.  I heard they dropped the price on the Google TV to $99.00, I wonder if that deserves a look or should I just craw back to Apple and beg forgiveness of my sins.

-cdbento

1 Like

Firmware Rollback

Danke schon

Very disappointed: DVD Subtitle Selection bug (since 1.05.05B) is not fixed.

After pressing Option and then Subtitle, it cyle through the available Subtitles Languages as it should but does not show the Subtitle Label (such as if it is English/French or whatever).  Occasionally, the Subtitile Language Label  (such as “1. English”) is seen on the far left of the screen.  Mostly, it just show nothing.  So you might have selected subtitle in French or whatever.  You have to keep guessing/trying until it gets you the right one.

I reverted back to 1.04.31B so I can “hear” properly.  (I rely on subtitle as my hearing is not that great)

The only problem I’ve experienced so far with this new firmware is my *.avi files on my NAS stutter & go without sound for the most part. Everything else I’ve tried with the new firmware works well for me. From my external harddrive, & computer, the same *.avi files play fine.

I experienced this dilemma over time with *.avis & *.mkvs with new firmware, & realize it will be back to normal with the next firmware release. Still, I hate when it happens. However, as long as I’m able to watch the movie, even copying it to another location, I’ll wait until the next release for a fix.

Like another user on here, I have had to rollback to firmware 1.05.04_b because with 1.06.16_b, I no longer get AAC audio through mediafly unless I select the “stereo” option in audio/video settings rather than “HDMI passthrough”.  My Yamaha HTR-3063 receiver is less than 6 months old and allows all audio formats, and it’s really annoying having to exit out of videos, go all the way back to audio/video settings to change back to “HDMI passthrough” so i can get DTS audio on Hi-def files.  And then when i want to use mediafly (which is every day", I have to go back to audio/video settiings and select “stereo” just so i can hear video podcasts.  Every single firmware update so far has broken something new…it’s kind of unbelievable to me. 

1 Like

Yep, same issue with activity light on my Asus N dongle no longer flashing.  However, performance seems unaffected