New Release - Firmware Version 1.04.31_B for WD TV Live Plus (4/12/11)

Hey WD,

The download for 1.04.22_B is not working. I want to have this ready just in case I want to roll back from 1.04.31_B. Can you please check the download link.

Thanks

Edit: Previous firmware versions were released as “Beta” and available on a separate beta webpage. The last few releases were not betas. How come ?

Netflix in Canada is not working for me.

I called Netflix and they reported that WD has not notified them of the update, and that the update does not state that PLAYBACK should work in Canada…  I called WD and got escalated to second level since the guy wanted to go home.  Waiting on second level to call me back.

The new firmware has also interfered with my netflix. My login info was dumped and when I try to re-enter it, there is no keyboard to utilize and the “texting” number pad option just gives me numbers. I didn’t call because I thought WD was closed for the night…

Um…nevermind.

Don’t leave us in suspense. What changed?

1 Like

Updating my machine now it just rebooted!

Bleh CinemaNow personally I could do without 1000’s of options to buy movies. I would have rather seen Hulu added natively.

I have wd tv live hub and did the firmware upgrade and I have the same problem ,my netflix movie choices comes up but when I play a movie it says the device cannot instantly stream from net flix in your area . It was working fine until I did the ffirm ware upgrade called wdlive they closed ,any ideas I am new at this kind of stuff ,I also did reboot please help [deleted]! Thanks for reading My problem

Wow - we were all excited to be able to actually watch a netflix movie without having to reboot (only work around for no sound). 

However, 1.04.31_B has left us with NO SOUND!  Even videos that plays this morning with sound are now without.

Tried several reboots and nothing!

**bleep**, **bleep**, **bleep** - guess we’re rolling back…

Netflix should be working now in Canada. There was a delay in turning it on serverside.

I just tried and no change, still the same message.  I rebooted my WD Live Plus and no change.  Maybe by tomorrow.

I reset all my online service account, re-entered my Netflix credentials, and its still not working.

Anyone get any subtitles to work in netflix? My menu button does nothing. How do we get subtitle streams?

I’m not getting sound of the optical connection in Netflix. It’s working fine out of HDMI (which is hooked to my TV) but not out of optical (which is hooked to my receiver). Playing all other videos off the hard drive works fine.

Also get an oddball window pop-up when I try to exit netflix. When I hit the home button (only way to get out of Netflix, it appears), it gives me a pop-up that says “undefined” and gives me two buttons with the options “yes” and “no”. Yes exits netflix and send me back to the main WDTV ui. So it probably should say something along the lines of “Do you want to exit?”

I was hoping this update would fix the Netflix widescreen issue I have, but I haven’t gotten around to test that yet. Would like to have sound, first. :slight_smile:

Update : Reset to factory defaults, reactivated with netflix (twice) and now have sound via optical. Still no 16:9 love (no idea what the deal is with that – might try a component connection at some point and see if that helps, but it certainly isn’t working over HDMI for my TV).

hole71 wrote: "Still does not work for VOB from network shares!

I’m going to return it back to store"

Check how you are doing it…  Mine also work just fine, so it is likely not a system problem but your files.   (again as the other posted, it must be under VIDEO_TS folder).

Good luck. 

Since I posted that as a bug…  I can confirm that the progress bar is now functioning properly.  Pause/FF/REV/NextChaper/PreviousChaper all have progress-bar removed properly once the movie resumes.

Good Job, WD…

Thanks

Rick

ps: love that NetFlix search.  When will the WD on-screen keyboard go qwery?  It is confusing when netflix search show one kind of a keyboard and WD uses anyother keyboard format…

brutek wrote:

Just received my new WD TV Live Plus and I updated to firmware 1.04.31_B

Using a Synology NAS on wired 100Mbit/s network pressing play on the VIDEO_TS folders:

1. The menu system does not work–it skips directly to the movie.
  1. The “Options” has the menu option greyed out for every movie.

The movies play correctly, I just cannot get to the menu which is annoying for multi-episodic DVDs and no bonus features.

Anyone having the same issues?

Don’t press play on the VIDEO_TS folder. Enter the folder and press play on a VOB within the folder. If you have correctly ripped the DVD you will get the menu etc.

mu51c10rd wrote:
Anyone get any subtitles to work in netflix? My menu button does nothing. How do we get subtitle streams?

The NetFlix UI is different than the WD native UI.    In other words, the MENU button has NO function while using NetFlix.

You need to choose your Audio and Subtitle options from the NETFLIX screen when you’re selecting an item to play.   One of the on-screen menu items will be Audio & Subtitles.

If that option doesn’t show, it may be that the item you’re selecting doesn’t have any choices.

Love the new Neflix API!!

I now get Dolby 5.1 on many TV shows & Movies!!!

Comnplete list of available titles updated here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1297186

Thanks Tony, I didn’t realize not all shows have the subtitles. Anyway, I found how to search for them and am good to go now.

Updated both of my Plus units last night and so far both have performed well with no apparent issues.  Didn’t have any issues with what I primarily use them for (streaming uncompressed mkv or vob files from my NAS), but wanted to make sure nothing got broken.  Even played around with the internet content feature and the free stuff that I watched seemed to play quite well.

Will keep testing when I get the time, but for those who are watching, so far so good for me - and apparently many others as this thread has been relatively quiet compared to that of the “V” update.