New Release - Firmware Version 02.10.09-124 for My Book Live (11/17/11)

We investigated that issue that Tonyph12345 reported and could not verify that this was caused by our NAS.

Hi all,

I bought a MBL 1TB just 2 days ago… Once I did the last firmware update for some reason I couldn’t get access to the Public folders anymore :frowning:

Is that a problem on a Mac with Lion? I read something about it but I thought it was ok now…

Also, the WD Check View icon on the top bar disappeared and there’s no way to get reinstate it but reinstalling MBL

It’s quite annoying actually… any suggestion?

Thanks guys

Same thing goes for me… Mac OS 10.7.2

Exactly, Mac OS 10.7.2 …I think that’s the problem :frowning:

Also, I got some problem using Firefox (8.0) when trying to get a remote access… and my Mac is slower than a slug :cry:

Upgrade via the WebUI went trhough fine. 2 issues so far

1. it removed my crontab :frowning: which I had to recreate from memory

2. oddly my XP PC’s could no longer access their mapped drives using the mybooklive hostname (mybooklive). I kept getting the wonderfull network connection failed windows message. I could ping the MBL by hostname and IP address

in the end I had to disconnect the mapped drives and recreate them using the IP address rather than the hostname. even a local hosts file in windows made no difference ?

Do people still have problems with the leds on this version?

I’ve updated mine but get the same problem that when the box goes to standby instead of a blue led I get none at all.

for fun this time i hovered over the quick view icon and selected update.  It tells you the update status in the quick view popup next to the temperature status.  Took 2 minutes to download, 3-4 minutes to install.  quickview disappeared while MBL rebooted, then came back.  No issues at all.  I skipped the last update, so I was updating from two versions back.

I noticed when I went to the dashboard it actually calls the IP directly instead of the http://mybooklive url that it used to call.  I think maybe that’s new, and might explain that question two posts back.

Camsh & Plutus01

Regarding OS X 10.7.2,  I have been running the FW update with no problems on my MacBook 6,1 w/ Lion. In fact it is quicker now accessing the larger folders in Public.

Gingernut wrote:

Do people still have problems with the leds on this version?

I’ve updated mine but get the same problem that when the box goes to standby instead of a blue led I get none at all.

Yep my LED has gone blank with this new firmware.

My MBL 2TB unit’s LED has worked just fine since purchase and tonight I did the firmware update - suddenly the unit no longer has a working LED. Great. What else has this firmware update messed up…

well after firmware update…

http://mynas 

does not load anymore

shares are still accessible, but even with no computers on, or anything accessing the nas, its constantly flashing green and making activity sounds. 

if you go to http://mynas:9000 I can load twonky and its not scaning and its UI loads. So just the WD Live UI is effed. 

Ideas WD Team?

Myron,

Do you know of a way to reset our MBL back to factory unboxed status without removing the hard drive?

Not the dashboard way that dosen’t do this, but a way to really wipe everything and reinstall from scratch as if you just bought it.

The file masterinstall.sh in /usr/local/sbin/ looks like it does this but I would like a second opinion.

I’ve had a quick look and don’t fully understand what the stript is trying to do. My advise is not to do it.

Consider this…   You fire this script up, it gets to some point past the “point of no return”, the script can’t find a particular resource that the owner does not have and you could end up with a 100% bricked MyBook Live…  Well…   It’ll me more like . . .

MyBook Died   . . . or . . .   MyBook Dead

O.K, thanks for looking into it.

So do you know of any way to achive what I said ?

Thanks

The closest way I can think of is to force the MBL to re-apply it’s firmware update as that replaces the MBL’s operating system, preserves some configuration files and done a little bit of house keeping.  (Not tried and proven my myself!)

After that do a full factory restore from the Dashboard UI.

Can’t think of any other easier way.

WD Team,

Please, get a quick update released ASAP. Everything had been working pretty well upto today when I updated to the latest firmware. The slow dashbord is very annoying. It worked great until this new update.

I appreciate all the help and support you have been providing so far. However, something must have gone wrong with this latest firmware.

Please, get a quick fix so all user can gain their satisfaction back.

Thank you.

CNID DB Error is not fixed. Lion and SL report errors on fresh unboxed WD Live with 021009-124 fw.

smb access works fine, but afp does not.

:frowning:

Slow dashboard? Mine seems to have got a tad bit quicker.  Strange.

Maybe give the user the owner a choice of dashboard. Either nice and flashy or a basic dashboard but make it selectable by the URL used with a setting used to select which would be the default Dashboard theme.  Either all bells and whistles or simple basic “plain Jane”.

i just did a tour of the dashboard and the spinning status thingy never took more than two trips around before things loaded.  I don’t have itunes serving or remote anything though, strictly smartware backup.  vista n wireless.

After a firmware update, the databases are re-indexed. Depending on how much media you have, this can take quite a while. Performance will increase as the processes running the re-indexing complete.

For those of you having issues accessing the MBL through the friendly name, this is likely a DNS cache issue. We looked at this all weekend and did not see any issues on our side. One thing you can try to do is access it like :

http://mybooklive.local (for a PC)

or

http://mybooklive.local. (for a Mac)

Let me know if this helps.

Tony

Any news about the CNID errors?

Performance of the dashboard is fine for me, but read-only filesystem via AFP is … not so cool…

D.