New Release Firmware Release 04.04.02-105 (1/27/2016)

http://supportdownloads.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?lang=en&fid=wdsfMyCloud

I’ve installed the new version. Installed with no problem.

RAC

I see the firmware downloaded now asks if you have v04.xxx (Gen1) or 2.xxx (Gen2) firmware…

So we have firmware support and we have a manual. Now all we need is some details of the Gen2 hardware…

I’ll wait. My WDMyCloud 2TB is running just fine and the Dashboard is now reporting the correct statistics. How that suddenly happened I don’t know. Everything has been strange for the past few weeks. :astonished:

Paul

Interesting your numbers don’t add up. 1.2TB in use and 1.8 TB free.

RAC

From the Release Notes 04.04.02-105 (1/27/2016) …
What’s new!
• Resolved issue of unable to connect to device while syncing/uploading files from multiple clients
• Resolved issue of unable to access dashboard
• Resolved issue of Share name conflict if share name matches previous USB volume name
• Resolved issue of media crawler crash during resizing certain images
• Resolved issue of sharing a file from mobile app causing AFP and Time Machine disconnection
• Resolved issue of auto-update not being triggered for the 2nd update if the default time has been modified.
• Resolved issue of USB volume with large directory tree causing inaccessible/unresponsive/sluggish device behavior
• Improved analytics logging support

1 Like

Ah, but remember, when you have an external drive attached (1 TB in my case) the WDMyCloud Dashboard reports the totals; hence 2 TB Cloud + 1 TB external = 3 TB total space and the individual items do add up; 600 GB of Cloud data + 600 GB of backup data (Safepoint) = 1.2 TB used and 1.8 TB free which miraculously equals 3 TB.

I don’t know who at WD came up with this scheme but it’s not a good idea.

Paul

Not seeing any new options or settings in the Dashboard after a quick look. The Twonky version is: 7.2.9-6

On still cannot disable public access to the Public Share from the Dashboard.

Just completed my update and so far no problems found. Time to update from start to completion was about 20 minutes.
Click on, tap or activate image to enlarge it.

cat0w
USA

I wonder why a second reboot or a power up always results in a blinking white LED for a period of time? Mine is doing that right now. IIRC, it does this for some time. Already 6 minutes, 12m.

I think somebody stated that this a FSCK or file system check at 17m now.

Solid white at 20m. Yeah, solid blue LED a minute later.

Don’t know if they intentionally fixed the Windows 10 issue where the My Cloud wouldn’t show up under Computer or Network but suddenly its working on my Windows 10 test bed that previously wouldn’t show the My Cloud properly.

Edit: Darn. Well I take it back. Rebooting the Windows 10 PC and the My Cloud no longer shows up properly under Network, even after hitting “refresh” several times. Frustrating. :disappointed:

This new change to report total of main drive + USB is idiotic. Please undo it or provide an option to control it or report the totals separately.

Edit: Setting USB Content Availability off prevents this from happening. But it also removes remote access to the USB drive share.

Can someone post the direct link to download the new firmware? I always update locally.

This issue is not related to WD, this issue needs to be solved by Microsoft.

for all My Clouds:
http://support.wdc.com/cat_Products.aspx?ID=1&lang=en

Select your device, click “Download” tab, right column, last entry :slightly_smiling:

Hi whsbuss

Here is the firmware Link

1 Like

Can someone post the direct link to download the new firmware? I always update locally.

Unfortunately, due to the ‘clever’ nature of the WD Downloads pages (ASP), it’s not possible to get a direct URL link to the particular firmware image; you’ll have to navigate the Download section; go to Product Firmware tab, select the device, then select your current firmware. Then it will download the image you want.

Yes one can get a direct link to the firmware image (zip) file. Right lick on the Download icon on the WD Support website firmware page and select 'Copy Shortcut" (IE) or “Copy Link Location” (Firefox) or “Copy link location” (Chrome).

Firmware Release 04.04.02-105 (1/27/2016): http://download.wdc.com/nas/sq-040402-105-20160111.zip

1 Like

Know full well the problem lies with Windows 10. However, as explained in the Compilation of Windows 10 Methods, Steps and Solutions thread, Windows 10 Specific Method 6, Third option, it is possible to make a setting change in the “smb-global.conf” file that can potentially solve what is a Windows 10 OS problem.

Further, while I don’t think anyone has reported on it (or tried it and reported back), the v2.xx.xx firmware for the My Cloud appears (according to the User Manual for that model) to have an SMB setting within the Dashboard that may also potentially fix what is a Windows 10 OS problem by changing the setting from SMB 2 to SMB1 or SMB3 (if possible). See page 62 in the English User Manual.

Are you looking somewhere other than here:

http://supportdownloads.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?lang=en

Because I don’t see a ‘Download’ icon on that page, and it’s an ASP page, which doesn’t have HTML URLs embedded in it, and the only URL that appears in the browser address pane is the one above, regardless of where you are within the ASP program. Right-clicking any of the buttons on that page yields either nothing, or a javascript command.

You used to be able to go to a sensible repository, but it looks like WD have ‘improved’ things by using an Active Server Page. I assume you’re going to an old support page somehow, rather than the link the Google now finds for ‘WD Support’, or the one in the OP.