New MyBook Live owner... Need help with Apple partition

Hello all. I bought the MyBook Live specifically so my wife and I could both move our iPhoto libraries to it and free some space on our Macbooks. I can find no way of creating a Mac partition on the device. iPhoto needs a Mac formatted partition to work. Any solutions?

I may have solved my own problem. I guess you just enable Time Machien backup and use THAt partition for your iPhoto folder. Trying it now I’ll update the topic.

You don’t format these drive to work with your Mac. Your Mac should automatically recognize the Drive (under Shared  in Finder).

Indeed it has. I have had some trouble moving the iphoto library to it tho. It’s veeeeeeery slow. My first attempt to move my 49 Gig library, it stated it would need 9 hours!! It’s hooked up to a new Asus RT-N66U.

I’ll see if this is workable or itf it’s going back to the store.

WDTony wrote:

You don’t format these drive to work with your Mac. Your Mac should automatically recognize the Drive (under Shared  in Finder).

If you are sending these files over wireless, this could be the cause of the slow speeds. If hardwired, does the macbook have a gigbit ethernet port or is it 10/100?