New My Passport in addition to Passport Ultra as external drives shows new drive letter H when formatting from Ultra, is this normal realizing I can change it? How do I get the S.M.A.R.T. technologies to upload on new Passport external for reference?

I just purchased a second My Passport (WD) and the first is the My passport Ultra. I formatted the second drive with a drive letter assigned by my disk management. How can I ensure that the technology that came with passport ultra gets uploaded on my “new external” as I plan on doing a clean boot of my computer, the ultra backed-up all my stuff without a hitch, besides the norm of not backing up everything and giving me the “check backup” notification…Not all files backed up! I need the technology that provides password and S.M.A.R.T. and all other references showing it is a new drive?

I also am interested in not filling up this 2nd external drive as fast as the Ultra as it became full in less than a month? I did the formatting myself and thought it would only backup the relevant data that is new, not repeating the backup and taking up space with duplicates when nothing new is added?