New My Cloud's led is purple at 1st boot

Hello,

I just got back my replacement drive from WD - after 2 months - and it seems it is a brick again - as I was newer able to make work my original purchase.

As I turn it on the led lits in purple immediately. Does anybody some solution for it besides throwing it into the river?

Thanks.

Are you sure it isn’t Blue?

Mate, either I am a complete ■■■■■, or it is violet.

Nevertheless the color, there is nothing on the network that close to a My Cloud…

:frowning:

Can you access the Dashboard and see the file server, though?

i.e. is it running?

Hi.

No, no dashboard, no IP, nothing. HDD is running, but cannot access anything at all. :frowning:

To exclude the obvious, especially since you had a My Cloud before, I assume your router has no IP for the My Cloud.

Have you tried either changing the Network cable and the port on your router/switch?

When you boot your My Cloud does the front light first turn White before changing to purple/blue?

What colors are the lights on the back of the My Cloud? Does it show connection?

HI.

Yes. Changed port, and cable. Nothing.
Front light immediately to purple back lights are off, not even trying to connect.

I would think the My Cloud is dead and needs a RMA … not that this helps :cry:

If you have tried everything … Resetting, Power Cycle, Cables, Ports, etc… and the booting process never shows a “White light” before turning “Blue” then it appears the the booting process isn’t happening. At that point you probably can’t even SSH into the My Cloud. Can you even tell if this is a “Gen2” My Cloud? Did you have a “Gen1” before?

I am sorry to hear this … but I guess contacting WD is the only choice at this point.

That means it hasn’t negotiated an Ethernet connection. Could be a dead Ethernet port, or…

Do you have a U-verse router?

I have a TP Link TL-WR741N. No issues yet with it.

I am really upset about it, as I haven’t even had a single good second with any of the drives. 'st was faulty, 2nd arrived 2 month later and is a brick as well… :frowning: