New movie thumbnails not showing

I am on the latest FW…When I transfer a movie to the hub then look up content info I am able to find the movie just fine, I load the data but I still have the new movie icon with all the movie info. Its not displaying the movie thumbnail all of the sudden. If I go to the WD Live Hub directory it shows the thumbnail of the movie the JPG file. This only happened with new movies I have put on to the Hub. Any suggestions its got me! I have other movies and they display the thumbnails fine.

Thanks

Jason

You might try powering it off completely (I pulled the plug), then restarting the hub. It worked for me (once - haven’t tried it again).

“Not Richard”

Well I just noticed if I shut it down then hold the power button for 3 sec. when it powers on the thumbnails are there but after I add a movie I have to do the same thing. I will try unplugging it

I believe that you/we will have to do the whole power-off/on scenario after each batch of movies are added and info obtained. It’s not a one-shot permanent solution. Someone forgot to set or (more likely) clear a bit in this version of the firmware.

“Not Richard”

I’m having the same issue. I’ll definately try powering it off this evening. One thing I did notice that if you change the view it will appear for some but not others. If you even try to clear the content info for an existing movie, it will remove the info about the movie, but the thumbnail will remain. Very odd bug.

Van

I am having the exact same problem as well.  I will go ahead and try powering it off and see if they come back.  I also used the WDTVHubGen to download all of the .xml so I may format and re-sync with the network.  I will let everyone know.

you don’t need to power back…each time you add a new content.

Just clear your media library in the settings option

and it will recompile the library with the new contents.

AND for someone that might not know…holding the power button on the remote for 3 secs will also power it down just like holding the power button on the Hub. If you have to keep pulling the power cord, it might be better to do this by pulling the adapter from the wall as you MIGHT damage the socket on the Hub.

firetix wrote:

you don’t need to power back…each time you add a new content.

Just clear your media library in the settings option

and it will recompile the library with the new contents.

Doing that takes much more time…  Clearing it requires a full re-compile.   A reboot just does an update.