New meta source XML for portuguese or foreign speakers

Hi guys,

This is something I’d like to share with portuguese speakers (Portugal, Brazil, etc…)…BUT, other languages speakers will find this information useful…

I own a WDTV Live Hub and I like the ‘Get Info’ function very much… but guys probably know that default search only returns an english overview / plot…

I looked for information inside this forum and tried a lot of applications described here but none of them helped me to achieve what I was looking for… I’d like the possibility to search for a movie info (english or portuguese title) and generate xml metadata and cover / backdrop images automatically using WD Live Hub ‘native’ function…

So, after a lot of forum / internet seach I made an XML file based on TheMovieDB.org API which search for information in portuguese / english and returns portuguese data… (if not found, return english info…).

In order to work you need to follow these steps:

1. download files here:  4Shared. 2 files inside a zip (.xml and a .png).

2. copy these files to a WDTV Live Hub HDD folder (I put inside: /console/Scrapers)

3. Go to Setup / System / Meta data manager, and add a new metadata source, pointing to this XML file …

4. Turn this new metadata source file the default seach engine for movies (not required, since you can switch meta sources during Get Info operation)…

5. Get info for your movies using this new metadata source…

Of course this .xml file could be better BUT it’s working for me…  There is nothing very clever in this file… The most important thing about it is that I pass ‘pt’ language in every URL. This ‘parameter’ is required for TheMovieDB API, so you can use any language support by their API…

Ex: http://api.themoviedb.org/2.1/Movie.getInfo/pt/xml/57983e31fb435df4df77afb854740ea9/65760

could be:

http://api.themoviedb.org/2.1/Movie.getInfo /fr/ xml/57983e31fb435df4df77afb854740ea9/65760  --> Frech search

http://api.themoviedb.org/2.1/Movie.getInfo/es/xml/57983e31fb435df4df77afb854740ea9/65760 --> Spanish search

Well, I really hope it works for you just like worked for me… now I’m completely happy with my WDTV Live Hub !!!

More info:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing.

Heh.  And you disclosed your API key.  :)

Thank you very much,

i adapted your xml for the Italian language.

It seems ok but it can’t find every title, maybe i have to rename my files to ease the search

Thanks,

I’ve made a new XML file ( tmdb_pt_v3) some time ago… download it and config the same way…

I think that with this file, your search results will be better…

Note: you don’t need to change your files names… sometimes, they carry important useful information that helps you to find subtitles… You can change the “string to be searched” in movie info search screen. I can’t remember exactly, but there must be a keyboard icon on screen, once you click it you can change string, adding/removing words in order to improve your search… That’s what I’ve done successfully…

thanks! :smiley: