New Firmware?

im having same permission problems after the update cant do anything with the files ?

it has just let me transfer a file to it though . any idears ?.

-307 update fixed the blank capacity issue for me. It also fixed the unremovable folders in /Public/.

So far everything’s good with the latest firmware.

v04.04.00-307  i have this firmware but unable to edit any files in the public folder anymore ?. what do i have to do to fix this issue please?.

When are we getting OS3?
And does anybody know if we will be able to run Plex on our ‘My Cloud’ after that update?

Also I can’t see any photos in the WD photos app now, WD Mycloud works fine though

adampcarvell wrote:

v04.04.00-307  i have this firmware but unable to edit any files in the public folder anymore ?. what do i have to do to fix this issue please?.

There are several other threads discussing this issue. Like this one: Folders Within Public Share Read-Only after Firmware Update

Currently it appears (per other posts in other threads) one can contact WD Support and obtain a patch to fix this issue on their WD My Cloud.

vardaanchawla wrote:

When are we getting OS3?
And does anybody know if we will be able to run Plex on our ‘My Cloud’ after that update?

All WD has claimed is “late September” for the release of the OS 3 materials. With all the problems with the last two firmware releases (303 and 307) perhaps they’ve decided to hold off releasing the rest of the OS 3 materials while they fix the problems those firmwares have introduced. The WD2Go.com site is also still not back up either.

Currently Plex is not supported on the WD My Cloud units that do not support 3rd party modules. There is no official word (as far as I’ve seen) as of yet that indicates the lower end WD My Cloud units will be getting the ability to officially add 3rd party modules through the Dashboard interface.

raised a support ticket to WD.

If no plex, I hope the lower end my cloud gets a download manager for torrents and a few other type links.

stephenjones007 wrote:

If no plex, I hope the lower end my cloud gets a download manager for torrents and a few other type links.

If you need those features then look at the higher priced WD My Cloud units like the Mirror, EX2 or EX4. By adding those 3rd party modules to the entry level My Cloud devices they may be biting into their Mirror/EX2/EX4 sales. The entry level WD My Cloud units are currently marketed at a different group of people who need a simple no frills NAS, media server, and or “cloud” storage.

When it comes to Plex, none of the current WD My Cloud devices that do officially support Plex (DL2100, DL4100, Mirror, EX2, EX4, EX2100, EX4100), officially support transcoding. Without effective transcoding it takes away one of the major features and reasons to use Plex. At that point it is probably easier/cheaper to go with Kodi on a cheap android, like Amazon Fire Stick/TV or on an old laptop. Or run Plex on an old laptop.

hmm, I had a feeling this was the response I was going to get, but i do undersatand. ty. Ill probably run kodi and have it stream from the nas. My router does have a download manager but it only saves to usb devices…ill try to research if I can get the asus router to save to the nas.

Well, Nazar78 has built Transmission and other packages for v4 firmware; do a forum search for the threads.

v04.04.00-307 : Core F/W  This is my version also which updated on Sept 25.  I have been having the same issue ever since and would also appreciate some assistance in fixing.  I have already tried to edit the user (nobody) which is blocking, have tried a system restore etc, but nothing has worked.  I cannot edit files, or add items to certain files either.  This is extremely annoying as I use this drive for business, and I MUST have access.

Interesting, I will look into transmission as it seems there is no love for any official apps for the mycloud, only the higher models.

rac8006, check my results out

Sep 25 17:49:34 MyCloud logger: exit standby after 6027 6 minutes awake then	7 hours asleep
Sep 26 00:56:04 MyCloud logger: exit standby after 25219	6 minutes awake then	0 hours asleep
Sep 26 01:02:22 MyCloud logger: exit standby after 8 12 minutes awake	then	0 hours asleep
Sep 26 01:17:15 MyCloud logger: exit standby after 152 6 minutes awake then	0.5 hours asleep
Sep 26 01:57:14 MyCloud logger: exit standby after 2028 10 minutes awake	then	0 hours asleep
Sep 26 02:17:11 MyCloud logger: exit standby after 577 6 minutes awake then	0.5 hours asleep
Sep 26 03:00:11 MyCloud getNewFirmwareUpgrade.sh: begin script: immediate send_alert auto
Sep 26 03:00:11 MyCloud logger: exit standby after 2210 11 minutes awake	then	0 hours asleep
Sep 26 03:00:32 MyCloud getNewFirmwareUpgrade.sh: http://support.wdc.com/nas/list.asp?devtype=sq&devfw=04.01.04-422&devlang=eng&devsn=&auto=0
Sep 26 03:05:02 MyCloud logger: disable lazy init
Sep 26 03:17:10 MyCloud logger: exit standby after 339 6 minutes awake then	9 hours asleep
Sep 26 12:29:55 MyCloud logger: exit standby after 32795	6 minutes awake then	5 hours asleep
Sep 26 17:05:10 MyCloud logger: exit standby after 16144	6 minutes awake then	2.5 hours asleep
Sep 26 20:00:43 MyCloud logger: exit standby after 10162	6 minutes awake then	4.5 hours asleep
Sep 27 00:56:08 MyCloud logger: exit standby after 17355	6 minutes awake then	0 hours asleep
Sep 27 01:02:30 MyCloud logger: exit standby after 13 6 minutes awake then	0 hours asleep
Sep 27 01:12:21 MyCloud logger: exit standby after 220 12 minutes awake	then	1.5 hours asleep
Sep 27 03:00:10 MyCloud getNewFirmwareUpgrade.sh: begin script: immediate send_alert auto
Sep 27 03:00:10 MyCloud logger: exit standby after 5727 17 minutes awake	then	9.5 hours asleep
Sep 27 03:00:31 MyCloud getNewFirmwareUpgrade.sh: http://support.wdc.com/nas/list.asp?devtype=sq&devfw=04.01.04-422&devlang=eng&devsn=&auto=0
Sep 27 03:05:03 MyCloud logger: disable lazy init
Sep 27 12:40:15 MyCloud logger: exit standby after 33754	6 minutes awake then	10 hours asleep
Sep 27 22:59:42 MyCloud logger: exit standby after 36796	8 minutes awake then	0 hours asleep
Sep 27 23:08:05 MyCloud logger: exit standby after 8 6 minutes awake then	0 hours asleep
Sep 27 23:30:38 MyCloud logger: exit standby after 983 6 minutes awake then	1 hours asleep
Sep 28 00:33:13 MyCloud logger: exit standby after 3385 6 minutes awake then	0 hours asleep
Sep 28 00:56:12 MyCloud logger: exit standby after 1008 6 minutes awake then	0 hours asleep
Sep 28 01:02:30 MyCloud logger: exit standby after 7 6 minutes awake then	0 hours asleep
Sep 28 01:15:10 MyCloud logger: exit standby after 389 6 minutes awake then	1 hours asleep
Sep 28 02:11:58 MyCloud logger: exit standby after 3038 6 minutes awake then	0.5 hours asleep
Sep 28 03:00:11 MyCloud getNewFirmwareUpgrade.sh: begin script: immediate send_alert auto
Sep 28 03:00:11 MyCloud logger: exit standby after 2522 11 minutes awake	then	13.5 hours asleep
Sep 28 03:00:32 MyCloud getNewFirmwareUpgrade.sh: http://support.wdc.com/nas/list.asp?devtype=sq&devfw=04.01.04-422&devlang=eng&devsn=&auto=0
Sep 28 03:05:03 MyCloud logger: disable lazy init
Sep 28 16:36:25 MyCloud logger: exit standby after 48294

I parsed them a little for easy reading.   They are horrible.   The mycloud wakes up randomly and just waits to until standby again.  

Note: I had my standby changed from the 10minute default to a shorter 6 minutes in /etc/standby.conf after reading the “Fix to 7s monitorio.sh wakeup” thread.

I noticed that you participated in that monitorio.sh thread and updated the solution a little bit not too long ago.

Currently my monitorio.sh is set at the default settings

if ["$standby_enable" == "enabled"] && ["$sleepcount" -eq "$standby_time"] && ["$smartTestStatus" != "inprogress"]; then
                touch /tmp/standby
                enterStandbyTime=`date +%s`
                echo "Enter standby" if ["$1" == "debug"]; then
                        echo "`date`: Enter standby "
                        dmesg -c > /dev/null
                fi
                for i in ${drivelist[@]}; do
                        hdparm -y $i >/dev/null
                done

# turn on solid blue if applicable
                ledCtrl.sh LED_EV_DISK_STBY LED_STAT_IN_PROG
                sleep 5
                break

Can you explain what your addition in the red does, and how come you removed the echo in the blue from the original?

touch /tmp/standby
logger "Enter iow_root=$iow_root iow_datavol=$iow_datavol ior_datavol=$ior_datavol" enterStandbyTime=`date +%s`
                sync
                sync
                sleep 10
                if ["$1" == "debug"]; then

Current situation:

I am placing ALL my other devices in their own guest WLAN and giving them NO intranet access.  This means the MyCloud will be the only device on the network.   This will allow me to make sure nothing else in my network is pinging or hacking the MyCloud for the remainder of the week.  If it continues to wake up, then something is wrong with the FW.  I still haven’t updated to OS3 and am on the previous latest FW 4.01.04-422

EDIT:  

Changed my parsing format for sleep and awake times.  Now you can read it from left to right to get a clear understanding.   For example the line1 would be interpreted as:

Unit woke up Sept 25 17:49:34, spent 6 minutes awake, then entered standby for 7 hours (25219 sec). These numbers adds up to line 2.  

This means each line can be understood standalone, without looking forward a line.

Your number are not that bad compared to what they have been.  The line in re is really not necessary.  I put it in

to make checking sleep and wake up times.  I’m seeing similiar times on version 303 and 307.  I don’t remember removing the Blue line.  I think I moved it.  But in either case it should not matter if it is there or not.  One major problem is the

short wake up times like 7 or 8 seconds.  I find it interesting that even with 6 minute wake time we still see the 7 or 8 second wake up.

One would wonder why after being awake for 6 or 10 minutes that 8 seconds after going to sleep it wakes up 7 or 8 seconds later.  So far I have not found a way to determine why or what wakes up the device. 

RAC

PS do me a favor and change the sleep 10 to sleep 60.  I did it on my one system and the 7 or 8 second wake ups

seem to have gone away.  See it it does for you.

anyone got the fix for permissions on the public folder please ?.

just got latest firmware made no difference to permissions 

.latest firmware 308 made no difference to permissions.

adampcarvell wrote:

.latest firmware 308 made no difference to permissions.

I’m checking into this.

1 Like