New Firmware?

My system upgraded to frimware 308 at 3AM this morning.  Since then the disk has not gone to sleep yet.  It is 5:02PM.

The cause of the disk not going to sleep is because of the process restsdk-serverd.  If this process is runing your log is being filled up with the messsage below.  This has happened on all three firmware versions 303 307 308.

Does WD even know that this is happening?  I did post this issue when 303 came out.

RAC

AbbottandCostello:/etc/rc2.d# head /var/log/user.log
2015-09-29T16:02:04.317440-04:00 di=TCG2w1CF6F notice restsdk[6299]: watch.go:109: Stat(), error: stat /tmp/dynamicconfig.ini: no such file or directory
2015-09-29T16:02:04.433869-04:00 di=TCG2w1CF6F notice restsdk[6299]: paths.go:43: Could not dial crawler socket at ‘/tmp/WDMCRequest.socket’, error: dial unix /tmp/WDMCRequest.socket: connect: connection refused
2015-09-29T16:02:14.318510-04:00 di=TCG2w1CF6F notice restsdk[6299]: watch.go:109: Stat(), error: stat /tmp/dynamicconfig.ini: no such file or directory
2015-09-29T16:02:14.435119-04:00 di=TCG2w1CF6F notice restsdk[6299]: paths.go:43: Could not dial crawler socket at ‘/tmp/WDMCRequest.socket’, error: dial unix /tmp/WDMCRequest.socket: connect: connection refused
2015-09-29T16:02:24.319709-04:00 di=TCG2w1CF6F notice restsdk[6299]: watch.go:109: Stat(), error: stat /tmp/dynamicconfig.ini: no such file or directory
2015-09-29T16:02:24.436388-04:00 di=TCG2w1CF6F notice restsdk[6299]: paths.go:43: Could not dial crawler socket at ‘/tmp/WDMCRequest.socket’, error: dial unix /tmp/WDMCRequest.socket: connect: connection refused
2015-09-29T16:02:34.320789-04:00 di=TCG2w1CF6F notice restsdk[6299]: watch.go:109: Stat(), error: stat /tmp/dynamicconfig.ini: no such file or directory
2015-09-29T16:02:34.437643-04:00 di=TCG2w1CF6F notice restsdk[6299]: paths.go:43: Could not dial crawler socket at ‘/tmp/WDMCRequest.socket’, error: dial unix /tmp/WDMCRequest.socket: connect: connection refused
2015-09-29T16:02:44.321894-04:00 di=TCG2w1CF6F notice restsdk[6299]: watch.go:109: Stat(), error: stat /tmp/dynamicconfig.ini: no such file or directory
2015-09-29T16:02:44.438898-04:00 di=TCG2w1CF6F notice restsdk[6299]: paths.go:43: Could not dial crawler socket at ‘/tmp/WDMCRequest.socket’, error: dial unix /tmp/WDMCRequest.socket: connect: connection refused

rac8006 wrote:

My system upgraded to frimware 308 at 3AM this morning.  Since then the disk has not gone to sleep yet.  It is 5:02PM.

The cause of the disk not going to sleep is because of the process restsdk-serverd.  If this process is runing your log is being filled up with the messsage below.  This has happened on all three firmware versions 303 307 308.

Does WD even know that this is happening?  I did post this issue when 303 came out.

RAC

We been trying to tell you all that once the firmware update runs it will take time, in some cases, a significant amount of time for the drive to be reindexed (all of which is determined by how many files you have on your drive).  Once the drive finally settles down, you should see your shares start popping up again.  Please be patient with the process.

My system only has 7 videos and 2 photos.  How long should it take to index those files?  Does the process restsdk-serverd have anything to do with indexing the disk?  I don’t think so.  You ignored the messages that I sent.  Why is restsdk-serverd looking for a file that does not exist?  As lon as this error message is being written to the log the system will not sleep.

RAC

rac8006 wrote:

My system only has 7 videos and 2 photos.  How long should it take to index those files?  Does the process restsdk-serverd have anything to do with indexing the disk?  I don’t think so.  You ignored the messages that I sent.  Why is restsdk-serverd looking for a file that does not exist?  As lon as this error message is being written to the log the system will not sleep.

RAC

I’m not ignoring anything.  I’m just not an engineer.  So, someone will contact you soon that can help you much better than I can.  However, I do need to ask questions like that just to make sure that you’re on the latest firmware (308), and have allowed ample time for the re-indexing.  

rac8006, your not alone. There was a prior thread by someone else three weeks ago asking about the missing dynamicconfig.ini showing up in the log file. No answer then. Just looked at my log files and see the same. A large number of “/tmp/dynamicconfig.ini: no such file or directory”. I actually have three log files, user.log, user.log.1, and user.log.2.gz. The user.log.1 file is 300+ kb’s in size, the user.log.2.gz when extracted to user.log.2 which is 200+ kb in size. Both filled with that same missing file error.

Edit to add: I’m on the latest firmware (308).

I know that I posted information about this error message after my device upgraded to 303. If you grep exit /var/log/user.log you should not see any lines.

You can get rid of this error message.  cd to /ec/rc2.d and sh S20restsdk-serverd stop

RAC

Bill it would have been nice if you mentioned that you forwarded the error messages  up the chain.

RAC

I hadn’t until you so eloquently replied with how few files you had.  I’m not the one that normally does this; so, sorry, yes I have escalated your issue up the chain.  

I will remember to let you know next time.  (I know, write that on the board 25 times.)

Bill I’m in a good mood.  Only 5 times.

RAC

Hahaha… thank you.  I really do appreciate that.

Everyone,

Just took the new update, and I am able to access my mycloud device, with my iphone 6plus andI am able to see all my content, but can’t play a single movie or song thru my iphone 6 plus.  There is either an issue with the updated APP or the new update on my mycloud device. I have rebooted my iphone and rebooted my mycloud device, and still no difference.  Any fix would be appreciateed.

Thanks

Sean

Has anybody got OS3 yet?

vardaanchawla wrote:

Has anybody got OS3 yet?

If you’ve updated your firmware in the last couple of days you HAVE the “OS 3”. The OS 3 is just a collection of updated firmware along with some updated WD software/mobile apps.

Peesca wrote:

Everyone,

Just took the new update, and I am able to access my mycloud device, with my iphone 6plus andI am able to see all my content, but can’t play a single movie or song thru my iphone 6 plus.  There is either an issue with the updated APP or the new update on my mycloud device. I have rebooted my iphone and rebooted my mycloud device, and still no difference.  Any fix would be appreciateed.

Thanks

Sean

I’m not sure if I’m understanding you correctly.  Did you say that you have already updated the iPhone app and it’s still not working?

Bennor wrote:

vardaanchawla wrote:

Has anybody got OS3 yet?

If you’ve updated your firmware in the last couple of days you HAVE the “OS 3”. The OS 3 is just a collection of updated firmware along with some updated WD software/mobile apps.

Just to add to this, there have been software versions updated.  Make sure that your version ends in 308.

This can’t be OS3…
Because they have illustrated it in this link ( http://www.wdc.com/en/whats-new/)) and it looks nothing like what we have got. 

*Edit*

Actually I’m sorry, I am wrong, you are right. 

I was just expecting a big overhaul of the interface and many new features.
Anyways…

vardaanchawla wrote:

This can’t be OS3…
Because they have illustrated it in this link ( http://www.wdc.com/en/whats-new/)) and it looks nothing like what we have got. 

*Edit*

Actually I’m sorry, I am wrong, you are right. 

I was just expecting a big overhaul of the interface and many new features.
Anyways…

You’re totally fine.

ups. wrong thread

Sleep issue.

I upgraded to v04.04.00-308 FW a couple of days ago. My drive does not go into sleep mode.

My Andorid phone runs version 4.4.0 of the app.

This morning I got an alert from a power management app on my phone saying the MyCloud app  was unusually active during the night, consuming too much power.

If this is the case, it can explain the sleep issue.

Any ideas?

I also had “no sleep” issue after FW upgrade. In my case the problem was that the device every 10 second put a line into user.log about either missing file or some process errors. I found the sollution on page 13 of this thread given by user RAC (thank You RAC) “You can get rid of this error message.  cd to /ec/rc2.d and sh S20restsdk-serverd stop”

Now I don’t see any “errors” in log and my drive goes to sleep as it used to on previous FW (currently i’m on v 308)