New Firmware

Just installed firmware version 1.02.21.
The release notes state that there is now support for the Windows 7 ‘Play to’ function. Has anyone used this function to push media to the WDTV Live? I’ve tried Photos, Video’s and Music from the Right-Click menu in Windows Explorer. I get as far as connecting to the WDTV Live and then stalling with the message “contacting media server”. Help please
Thanks

Are you able to view your media on the Live using any other method?

I have used the Play-To for a few things (really, just to see what it did) and it worked OK for the file types that are supported.

Play-To requires that WINDOWS support the file type.   Any UPNP/DLNA Stream Server (TVersity, etc) will have its own limitations.  

The best bet is to play directly from Directly Attached Storage or Network Shares.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Are you able to view your media on the Live using any other method?

I have used the Play-To for a few things (really, just to see what it did) and it worked OK for the file types that are supported.

Play-To requires that WINDOWS support the file type.   Any UPNP/DLNA Stream Server (TVersity, etc) will have its own limitations.  

The best bet is to play directly from Directly Attached Storage or Network Shares.

Thanks for the reply.

Everything else is working (network shares, local drive etc.).  The file types are supported (jpg, mp3 and avi).  What state should the Live be in when using Play-To?  Very frustrating.

I agree the JPG and MP3 should work, but the AVI is iffy.  AVI’s are just containers.  If the CODEC inside isn’t supported (by the WDTV or Windows) then it won’t play.

When I’ve tested it, the WDTV was at the HOME menu.