I updated MyCloud to the latest firmware, went “well”. However, I bumped into this issue: when browsing the public share and clicking on any .jpg, I get an “Cannot access file” error.
- The files list is populated
- The modification date is shown
- Any other file type (.mp4/.mp3/.pdf) can be opened successfully
- File permissions did not change on the MyCloud itself:
- For example: -rwxrwxr-x+ 1 root root 43050 Nov 24 18:19 P1320482.jpg
- versus -rwxrwxrwx+ 1 root root 8463536 Oct 10 16:54 testmp3.mp3 (the write bit should not cause it right?)
To make it even more complicated, by accident I stumbled on a picture which did show up, which was this one:
However comparing to a non-working one:
The same ? So I started to mess around bit more: I selected a non-working picture (long-click) so the checkmark appears. Then opted download in right corner. No error? OK! But then clicking back on the picture name in file column does show the picture!!!
What is going on ? Is this an app error? Is this a NAS error? It does not make sense to first download all to be able to view it, right?
Most importantly: where are the log files to see what is going wrong?
PS. needless to say it worked before the firmware upgrade!