New Firmware Released 1.10.13

New Firmware released, Release 1.10.13

Installing it now, hoping it will fix my settings not saving issue.

If you click on the ‘What’s in this update’ option, the unit reboots without updating. Good job WD. :confounded:

I had trouble installing the firmware directly through WD TV Live SMP. It was getting stuck at 94%.

Finally was able to update using USB pen drive.

My “WD TV Live SMP Settings not being saved upon restart issue” resolved after installing this firmware.

Thanks,.

Extract of the release notes:

• Resolved YouTube Leanback login credentials not saved after reboot or restarting.

Didn´t change anything for me. I login, close the app, restart the app and have to login again. Every single time.

Could anyone confirm that there are still issues with the YouTube Leanback app?

sim_tcr

I had trouble installing the firmware directly through WD TV Live SMP. It was getting stuck at 94%.

Exactly the same with me…tried 6 times, stopped at 94% every time…and would then tell me it was because of my wireless network. 

The fact the same number occurred with you is odd.

eldorado wrote:

sim_tcr

Exactly the same with me…tried 6 times, stopped at 94% every time…and would then tell me it was because of my wireless network. 

The fact the same number occurred with you is odd.

I have reported this on the official firmware release announcement thread.

I bought this unti for an anniversary gift for us to upgrade from the regualr WD Live unit (which we really liked for the most part).

I am using all of the same cables (wired ethernet, HDMI, power) and just switched the main unit out.

When it powered up it found a new FW (1.10.13) and proceeded to update.

After updating to the newest firmware I clicked on Video/Shares/Windows Shares and it just shows the endless circle arrow loop on this screen:
Select Content Source: Windows Shares

I’ve tried rebooting it several times and it always locks up on this. Is there a trick to getting it to work?

For now we just set up the old one and have this ready to return unless there is a way to get it working.

You need to be in the same workgroup. Don’t ask why.

I did try that as well.

I changed the server to MSHOME on the WD TV Live Streaming in the setup. After changing that it showed my

shared computers (breifly) and then went back to the endless circle arrow spin.

This thing is complete garbage compared to the other WD Live. It looks like they put all of the work into the background graphics and none into actually making it function correctly. So now when we want to watch something on the network we have to switch back to the old WDTV and when we want to watch Netflix I have to switch everything back.

I’m ready to throw them both out and try something else. :frowning:

*edit*

I tried switching to the Wi-Fi connection and it shows everything, but it’s not fast enough for 1080p.

Is there a chance the wired port is damaged or did the new FW break compatibility with something?

If I can’t get the wired ethernet working then this will be pointless for 1080p streaming.

Did you try to reset with factory settings? That worked for me but I need to do that every time my qnap is restarting or loosing the connection with SMP.