New Firmware Killed My Box? Help?

I had the same issue but before I downgraded, I pulled the antenna off the box and put it back on again. The looping stopped and the new firmware worked. I had to reset the network connection afterwards. I think the problem was caused by the new firmware unsuccessfully trying to connect after rebooting. Running WDLive Plus HD Media Player with firmware 1.06.34_B. So far no issues found except for a slightly slow loading of 720 and 1080 mkv files but they do load.

Thanks DeltaBlast, I have just gone back to 1.05.04, and everything seems to be back to normal again.

One would think WD would have done some testing before releasing a new firmware. And don’t even get me started about their support for the WD MyBook World NAS.  :sunglasses:

This post worked for me, it was the version I was looking for also:

******************************************************************************************************************************

do not install the 1.06.16_B firmware on your UK WDTV Live.

The _B firmwares are for the Plus model, which from your post you don’t have.

I reverted my (European) WDTV Live (not plus) to the 1.06.15_V firmware which was what was on it before the upgrade.

(I’m guessing this is the same model as yours as the power supply came with two detachable thingies for UK plug or Euro)

Anyway, the _B firmware is probably not suited to your device, and might even damage it.

I got the 1.06.15_V firmware from here:

http://download.wdc.com/wdtv/wdtvlive_1.06.15_V.zip

The roll-back page didn’t have anything past 1.05, so you can use this file, but you have to open the .ver file in notepad, and make the version in it higher than what you have already (I changed it from 1.06.15_V to 1.06.35_V) then it will see it as an update.

Hope this helps!

******************************************************************************************************************************

I installed only the version prompted by the system.  There has to be a real fix instead of rolling back to version 1.06.15.

I heard you.

Until now I have never been able to play .VOB files properly with the .15 version amongst other things.

But IMHO I will rather use .15 for now until they get their act together than not be able to do anything with my TV Live!

wd_ou wrote:

This post worked for me, it was the version I was looking for also:

do not install the 1.06.16_B firmware on your UK WDTV Live.

The _B firmwares are for the Plus model, which from your post you don’t have.

I reverted my (European) WDTV Live (not plus) to the 1.06.15_V firmware which was what was on it before the upgrade.

(I’m guessing this is the same model as yours as the power supply came with two detachable thingies for UK plug or Euro)

Anyway, the _B firmware is probably not suited to your device, and might even damage it.

I got the 1.06.15_V firmware from here:

http://download.wdc.com/wdtv/wdtvlive_1.06.15_V.zip

The roll-back page didn’t have anything past 1.05, so you can use this file, but you have to open the .ver file in notepad, and make the version in it higher than what you have already (I changed it from 1.06.15_V to 1.06.35_V) then it will see it as an update.

Hope this helps!

The rollback page has firmware 1.06.15_V for download. This firmware already has a modified ver file of 2.06.15_V to enable the old firmware to be installed. No modification is required.

Please note the rollback firmware will make the player tell you that there is new firmware even when the firmware has been rolled back to the version you want. 

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5800

Same hear just going round  and round with no end in site…

I have just updated to the firmware prompted by the box and now the f***ing thing won’t play ANY files!!! Not even the ones it has played in the past! GODDAMIT!!

Slow…doesn’t play mkv files…no sound on others…TERRIBLE

DeltaBlast wrote:

1.05.04 was the latest one for the european box and is fine, I’m running that one now :slight_smile:

Latest previous firmware for the WDTV Live (not Plus) is 1.06.15.