New Firmware installed for my 1st generation WDMYCLOUD

I downloaded and installed the new Firmware for my 1st generation WDMYCLOUD. It did take a while to complete. See image below.

New Release - My Cloud OS 3 Firmware Version 2.41.121 and 04.05.00-353 (11/17/2021) - Announcements & Discussions / News & Announcements - WD Community

Is this the final firmware release that WD said would block any further remote access?

Western Digital have said that a final firmware release will be made that will disable remote access. So my question was, is this that final firmware release or will there be a future “final” firmware release?
We have learned that western digital speaks with forked tongue!

Q: Will my device stop working if I can’t upgrade to My Cloud OS 5? Will I lose access to my data?
A: Once the services have been shut down, you will still be able to access the device on a local network. However, access through the My Cloud OS 3 mobile app or web app will not be possible. Email notifications also won’t be delivered. Devices that have auto-update enabled will receive a final firmware update to disable remote access and outbound traffic to cloud services. Then, support will end and you’ll have to use the local network to access the device.

I have to agree, this whole fiasco is appalling. I just don’t want them to auto-install firmware that may block future VPN access for remote connections.