New firmware detected 02.11.12-006

Has anyone else found a new firmware update today? Just got an email notification, but no sign of what it is on forum on wd site?

Yeah, just waiting on the release notes to be online

I got the notification at 0300am BST surly they would had updated the website by now!

Nothing at all, I’m refreshing every few minutes, quite excited about the fixes and whats new…

Here are the release notes:
Firmware Version 02.11.12-060

Resolved Issues:
•Resolved issue of Apple Time Machine® requesting to create a new backup
•Resolved issue of the dashboard user interface displaying error code 30000 in some devices when initiating an automatic firmware update
•Resolved issue of remote access connecting using relay connection instead of direct connect

SupaNorm wrote:
Here are the release notes:
Firmware Version 02.11.12-060

Resolved Issues:
•Resolved issue of Apple Time Machine® requesting to create a new backup
•Resolved issue of the dashboard user interface displaying error code 30000 in some devices when initiating an automatic firmware update
•Resolved issue of remote access connecting using relay connection instead of direct connect

Hi Where did you find this information?

Anyone update yet?

Here:
http://support.wdc.com/product/release2info.asp?lang=en

Just updated, will have a look now

1 Like

Ok thanks for the information there. Not tired the update yet, will load tonight.

SupaNorm wrote:
Here:
http://support.wdc.com/product/release2info.asp?lang=en

Just updated, will have a look now

I’m assuming data shouldn’t be affected by an update correct? Also, I changed the root password. Would that affect the update?

I don’t have time to update right now, but I’d like to see if the port forwarding fix actually fixes the problem I saw and reported.

mybookW2 wrote:
I got the notification at 0300am BST surly they would had updated the website by now!

The MBLs check for firmware at 3:00AM (local time.)  So wherever you are, you have to wait until 3:00AM for it to automatically detect the update.

But yea, Bill_S is usually ahead of the curve in getting the announcements on the board, but looks like the MBL firmware folks jumped to the front of the line.  :)

TonyPh12345 wrote:

The MBLs check for firmware at 3:00AM (local time.)  So wherever you are, you have to wait until 3:00AM for it to automatically detect the update.

OK, that answers a question I had. I thought if I had everything configured properly, the MBL should be completely invisible to the internet, so I was wondering how it could know about the update so quickly, with no action on my part. But I guess if it periodically checks the WD update servers on it’s own, that would explain it.

just got the MBL today. Trying to upgrade to 2.11.12 from 2.02.02, got the following error: 31105 - Upgrade copy failure I tried both automatic update and manual update with the same result. Anyone can help? Thanks!

Hey Man, everyone was having trouble with the new firmware version “02.11.12-060” so WD pulled it, they said its going to be another week or so untill they re-release it. so keep a sharp eye out

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live/New-Release-My-Book-Live-Firmware-Version-02-11-12-060-6-26-12/m-p/426766/highlight/true#M12297