New Firmware 1.07.18

My box just prompted to me upgrade. 

Seems to only contain three fixes for MLB.TV as far as I can tell.

Might give it a miss in that case.

1 Like

Hi

I’ve just updated. Waste of time.

No fix for the BBC iPlayer cutting off early and still can’t access Netflix.

Regards

Hayden

1 Like

Thats because its only an MLB update.

Why do you call it a waste of time? Did you even bother to see what issues it was released to fix?

:robotsad:

If you had looked at the ‘What’s in this update?’ when deciding if you should update or not you would have seen. (this info is included in the firmware update and can be read from the players update decision screen)

Resolved MLB.TV season 2012 live game playback problem.

Resolved MLB.TV jump to inning takes 15-20 seconds, freezes video and remote response.

Resolved MLB.TV Miami Marlins missing team icon.

Because it did waste my time. I let it update but with the massive problems it still has, I had to spend time rolling it back to 1.05 just so I could finish watching the series I was watching previously.

I’m tired of having friends laugh at my WDTV and hearing the “you should have gotten an Apple TV, it just works”.  Every time I try to show a movie or other program to friends using my WDTV I spend more time rebooting it or trying to solve some issue than I do actually watching the program.  Several times friends have just given up and gone on to something else.  So yeah, when I see a firmware update I get hopeful that these problems will be fixed, and I spend time letting it update only to be disappointed yet again and have to spend more time rolling it back to an earlier firmware that is still broken but just not as broken.

1 Like

cew0719 wrote:

Because it did waste my time. I let it update but with the massive problems it still has, I had to spend time rolling it back to 1.05 just so I could finish watching the series I was watching previously.

I’m tired of having friends laugh at my WDTV and hearing the “you should have gotten an Apple TV, it just works”.  Every time I try to show a movie or other program to friends using my WDTV I spend more time rebooting it or trying to solve some issue than I do actually watching the program.  Several times friends have just given up and gone on to something else.  So yeah, when I see a firmware update I get hopeful that these problems will be fixed, and I spend time letting it update only to be disappointed yet again and have to spend more time rolling it back to an earlier firmware that is still broken but just not as broken.

See my post above yours.

richUK wrote:

cew0719 wrote:

See my post above yours.

Pointing out your pointless original post does nobody any good.  No kudos for you.

2 Likes

cew0719 wrote:

richUK wrote:

cew0719 wrote:

See my post above yours.

Pointing out your pointless original post does nobody any good.  No kudos for you.

Oh dear, never mind better luck nect time. Howver if you do bother to read the info then you will not waste yout time next time. Just a thought.

2 Likes

cew0719 wrote:

I’m tired of having friends laugh at my WDTV and hearing the “you should have gotten an Apple TV, it just works”. 

Except with USB drives, LOL!

1 Like

Moral of the story…

ALWAYS… and I mean ALWAYS look at what the update delivers before updating…

If it doesn’t pertain to your existing issues, Don’t do it…

Let others upgrade and see how it goes…

I have a box on the most current and a box back at 1.06…

I watch baseball… so I upgraded…  Lucky, I didn’t have any issues…  Parents, don’t watch baseball…  so no need to upgrade…

Don’t get me wrong…  How can WD sell this thing without telling the consumer that they are basically beta testers for their product…  Before you know it, they will release a newer and improved box and we will sit around unsupported…

Only in America…

Lego