hope I can get some help here before I have to call the WD support …
- EX4100 with 4x3TB WD Red, FW 2.11.133
- RAID 10 setup completed and works (5.9TB available), LAN 1000 works fine, excellent throughput (90-110MB/s)
- 2 users defined, 2 personal folders
- MacBook Pro with El Capitan 10.11.3
- Drobo Drive connected via FW800 to Mac (works slow, but stable) - this is where I want to copy the files from …
- at the beginning everything looks perfectly fine, but then …
- bigger or multiple folder (>100GByte) transfer stop suddenly with EX4100 no longer being visible in Finder
- EX4100 actually freezes - Display works, Disk are blue not blinking - but I can’t reboot, reset or shut down
- Only help is to pull the power plug …
- this is now happening for sure the 10th time and I twice lost the whole volume as the data was damaged (but when running, all tests show that disks, drive and volume are fine …)
- can this be due to the Drobo connected through FW800 and the Mac acting as ‘hub’ - so a Mac / Drobo issue?
- or is this a WD EX issue? What suprises me is the freeze due to a lost connection - this should not happen …
(I searched the forum, the internet and found some related hints but nothings seems to work).
Any ideas as I’m getting frustrated … this is definitively not what I expected …