New drive not rebuilding only sits there showing 3 drives

I did. I meant I put the drive in as a secondary drive. The machine booted from its normal 1st drive.

If you read my post after the one you just replied to, please see that I did get my machine (3rd one I tried) to boot. For some reason the other machines would not boot if this drive was attaced (as a secondary drive).

In the post you have not read yet are the results and error codes that came up when running the diskpart commands on that drive.

I think you have a bad drive

Please try again putting your drive on to your 3rd PC.  Once it boots to Windows, open a command prompt with elevated privileges and start “diskmgmt.msc”.   You can view and modify your disk configuration using this, and it may be a better option for you as it is more graphical, and will give you a better representation of the disk configuration via the UI.  Just verify that the size is correct and that you can perform multiple options (i.e. formatting the drive , adding a drive letter).  However if it displays that it has unallocated space then try creating a partition and formatting.  If it shows that the drive space has been allocated verify by formatting it and that it works properly.  If all of the above options work then go ahead and delete the partition back to unallocated space and re-insert in to your Sentinel and see if it will migrate.

Be aware that you are modifying the correct drive by making sure it is other than Drive 0 and that the size corresponds correctly.

While I had it in the drive doing the dispart, I also started the diskmanagement console and it would not allow me to partition the drive. It had an I/O error like it did when trying to do the diskpart.

I have a new one on the way via RMA from Western Digital. Once I get it and install it I’ll post back that it worked and is not the Sentinell unit.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Final update. WD sent me a replacement drive. I need a 2TB but they sent a 3TB since I think all the 2TB are on backorder. I slide the new drive in and it is working. Within 30 seconds of sliding in the new drive the display shows “Migrating”.

So all along it was a new drive that was DOA and working with WD support got me no where.

But the help from this forum helped me identify a bad drive and now I’m good to go.

MRMMD (Mr. Make My Day) I was watching Dirty Harry back in day when I dreamed up this username and email.

Glad your issue got resolved