NEW BETA Firmware 1.03.49_V for WD TV Live [Reload]

Sun should have now the official source of the WD firmware posted a link to it all calmed down and be content.

See Tread opening for download!

Your Ali Babaz

Cheers, i’ll give it a wizz.

OK, I’m glad the download was legit and the first post now features a link to wdc.com.

I was getting confused while reading the thread, but eventually saw the link and got the firmware.

It updated flawlessly.

No HDMI issues with my Samsung 40A557.

Auto detect went pretty well, choosing 1920/60hz/12bit.

The menu stays fast and responsive.

All settings were kept.

But most of all, the reason for installing this beta firmware, getting my diNovo Edge to work with WD TV Live, is now fulfilled. I can type letters wherever the OSD keyboard comes up. The arrows and esc key (as back) work wherever they could be used from the remote.

It’s a bit of a disappointment to see that no other buttons seem to be mapped on the keyboard (space for pause/play is crucial).

Anyway this is a very nice touch and I like it. THANK YOU.

I also noticed the Internet Media section that is a nice addition, not very popular round these parts though.

Looking forward for the official resolved issues list.

Cheers

PS: hey, i like my avatar (the default one) thanks!

1 Like

I can’t connect to the network share anymore. It says invalid username and password, althought the auto login to network share is turned on. In windows the password protected sharing is turned off.

With the previous betas I haven’t had this kind of problem.

I wonder whether this new beta 1.03.49_V supports unicode subtitle SRT (UTF-8) for Vietnamese? Any one has any ideas?

WeeDee wrote:

I can’t connect to the network share anymore. It says invalid username and password, althought the auto login to network share is turned on. In windows the password protected sharing is turned off.

So, if you roll back, does it all work again?

Hi,

I had the same problem with a previous version too.

The solution was to delete / reset the credentials in the options and uncheck the auto login.

After that, I re-entered the credentials and everything works just fine.

Best regards

d

Are there any news about the digital (optical) sound issues?

I had to change from optical to cinch cable with my Onkyo TX-SR508 since i upgraded from the latest official fw to 1.03.42 because i could not get any sound.

Will it be fixed in this or any future versions?

Best regards

d

Just noticed the first problem with this firmware (compared to the 1.02.21, so it might be from earlier betas as well):

• sound volume, it is considerably higher and I can’t control it anymore when using W7’s play to function.

Wait a sec.  Are you saying on Version 1.02.21 that you COULD control VOLUME on the WDTV?   ()

Uhm… oups, no i’m not sure. I have actually used Play to only with b-rad’s custom firmware.

I have also lost seek support now :frowning:

TonyPh12345 wrote:

WeeDee wrote:

So, if you roll back, does it all work again?

No! It was a Windows error after all. I tried to delete the credentials, but that didn’t help.

At the end I reinstalled Windows and it works now with both .47 and .49.

Sorry to see that you had reinstalled, because I believe the issue is something rather hard to find out on your own. Did you have any of the Windows Live Essentials 2011 installed? Such as Live Messenger? Because Microsoft has a built in application called “Sign-In Assistant” that on a operating system level is changing the way computer/accounts is connecting. This is horribly bad by Microsoft. When you install any of the applications above, this is installed to. And samba shares cannot connect to a Windows computer any more. Only solution is to uninstall it. So if you encounter this issue, you now have a simple solution.

If you really need Live Messenger, I can recommend an opensource app that is called Pidgin( http://www.pidgin.im/)..) A nice little app that can handle all kinds of chat accounts and use them from the same program.

Sorry for my bad english, hope you understod what I wrote. :slight_smile:

//FireWire

Yes, it is the sign in assistant. I have the same problem again. But now it was easy to isolate the problem on a newly installed windows. As soon as I uninstall it I can log into the shared folders again with the WD.
The only problem is that I use Games for Windows Live, which got an update few days ago and it became Games for Windows Marketplace. Now it cannot run without the sign in assistant, so I cannot play games without it. Sad :frowning:

I have also Onkyo TX SR-508, but the sound after firmware 1.03.49_V is in standard stereo, DTS, DolbyD …, so I do not know where the problem is, sorry for my English.

ali-babaz wrote:

@ Lyndon

This firmware was not officially limited release by WD. Only a few selected beta testers have to get it.

And they were asked not to spread it.

Sorry, i also posted this in the WD TV thread, but i actually have a WD TV LIVE, don’t know if it would make that much difference tough.

After the update my VIDEO_TS files don’t seem to work anymore.

When i play them, i just get black screen, while the time keeps ticking.

The files i try to play worked fine before the update.

Anyone found a solution for this ?

playing the vob files inside the VIDEO_TS folder, also gives only black screen btw.

Feox13 wrote:

Sorry, i also posted this in the WD TV thread, but i actually have a WD TV LIVE, don’t know if it would make that much difference tough.

After the update my VIDEO_TS files don’t seem to work anymore.

When i play them, i just get black screen, while the time keeps ticking.

The files i try to play worked fine before the update.

Anyone found a solution for this ?

playing the vob files inside the VIDEO_TS folder, also gives only black screen btw.

Have you tried doing an ‘overkill’ reset.

reset via the side paperclip button

reset to factory defaults via the internal menu

unplug from power for some minutes (not seconds)

do all 3 before using the unit again.

After a firmware update it is advised to do the above particularly if you have any problems.

AlexStanica wrote:

OK, I’m glad the download was legit and the first post now features a link to wdc.com.

I was getting confused while reading the thread, but eventually saw the link and got the firmware.

It updated flawlessly.

No HDMI issues with my Samsung 40A557.

Auto detect went pretty well, choosing 1920/60hz/12bit.

The menu stays fast and responsive.

All settings were kept.

But most of all, the reason for installing this beta firmware, getting my diNovo Edge to work with WD TV Live, is now fulfilled. I can type letters wherever the OSD keyboard comes up. The arrows and esc key (as back) work wherever they could be used from the remote.

It’s a bit of a disappointment to see that no other buttons seem to be mapped on the keyboard (space for pause/play is crucial).

Anyway this is a very nice touch and I like it. THANK YOU.

I also noticed the Internet Media section that is a nice addition, not very popular round these parts though.

Looking forward for the official resolved issues list.

• *> Alex, kudos to you!!

I connected my Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000 (just for testing… need it for my computer hehe) and it worked right away. As you say, I couldn’t find any key for play/pause, but it’s a matter of time until they map it I guess.

Using youtube search with a keyboard - now changed 100%!!

Internet media you mean Mediafly? It was on the previous beta I guess. Didn’t find much use for it. 

I’M DYING FOR internet radio - SHOUTCAST! I guess I’ll have to wait for the custom b-rad firmware based on the final WD version…

There is no point in using the beta any more, the firmware has now gone live.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/New-Firmware-Release-Firmware-Version-1-03-49-V-for-WD-TV-Live/td-p/81247