New back up

i have a 4tb 3os my cloud i am currently backing up to a 2tb passport drive using safepoints.
i have purchased a 4tn passport drive as back up .is it just a case of unplugging the 2tb and plugging in the 4tb ? will it recognise the 4tb and do a fUull back up ?
thank you

Yes you should be able to eject the current 2TB drive using the My Cloud Dashboard USB icon, then attach the 4TB drive and the My Cloud should recognize that 4TB drive.

However, one will likely have to create a new Safepoint backup entry, using the My Cloud Dashboard > Safepoint tab, so it uses the new 4TB drive. As always the very first Safepoint backup will take the longest as it will backup all of the My Cloud drive contents. Subsequent Safepoint backups should only backup to the USB hard drive changed items and removed deleted items.

On a side note, per the My Cloud User Manual (http://products.wdc.com/library/UM/ENG/4779-705103.pdf#page=89) one can have up to seven USB hard drives attached to the My Cloud’s USB port. One will likely need to use a powered USB hub to connect two or more unpowered USB hard drives to their My Cloud.