New 2.10.302 Firmware and other stuff

InsaneO,

Take a look at the thread linked regarding the EX2 Fans.  There are mor than 100 responses, with over 6400 views, spanning more than a year.  The “fan issue” is probably one of the most talked about complaints for the EX2.

I returned my first EX2 becuase the unit would get very hot and performance would drop (not sure why), and the fan would never activate.  I now belive the fan would have activated at some higher temperature, but I didn’t want to place my EX2 in an oven to test.  Well I eventually returned that EX2 and purchased another … same issue.  So when the WD customer servcie person originally said my first EX2 was defective, they were probably wrong because my second EX2 also seems to never activate the fan, plus all the other comments in the thread listed below have swayed my thoughts.  For over a year EX2 owners have asked for a setting in the UI to control when the fan activates, but WD has not responded or given us that feature request.

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Cloud-EX2/Question-regarding-the-FAN-used-by-WD-My-Cloud-EX2/td-p/771843