New 2.02.32 FW is unusable

Since the update netflix has given me some trouble, not loading sometimes, no audio other times.

1 Like

Hello

It is the same for me. YouTube is unusable since the update whereas it was working fine before. It keeps rebooting the device when i try to start YouTube.

Regards

1 Like

I have the same issue WDTV Live has been terrible slow in terms of responsivness. So slow loading external drives and always seems to hang for a while then wakes up … it’s just a bad experience … also some apps wont stream since last update … please fix the firmware and help speed up this unit …

1 Like

Yes, this firmware [Deleted]

I be having a Media Library Issue with it:  http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/WD-TV-Live-SMP-Update-to-Firmware-v2-02-32-Ruins-quot-My-Media/td-p/780573

1 Like

i Cant play any movie from my NAS anymore. it just freeze up.

I have made a rollback of the firmware. but still it freeze up all the time.

I should newer have upgradet the firmware.

It looks like a problem when you play a that is larger than 2gb.

my NAS is connected via Networks shares.

1 Like

Leito87 wrote:
Since the update netflix has given me some trouble, not loading sometimes, no audio other times.

This is the experience I have had since the latest firmware:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/WD-TV-Live-2-0-32-breaks-audio-in-Netflix/td-p/781019

1 Like

It used to play audio and video media off my WD My Cloud NAS drive, since firmware update is now useless, see’s everything on the drive but won’t play ANYTHING.

Why oh why after the NAS firmaware upadate fiasco a few weeks ago did I update this time. SO help me I will NEVER EVER update any WD Firmare ever again!

Rubbish

SO you broke it, now fix it! (today will do)

Phil (UK)

1 Like

Playback from my MyBookLiveDuo and WDMyCloud works just fine over network shares.

1 Like

Agreed Streamer. The responsiveness is HORRIBLE now. It makes my player SSSSSLLLLOOOOOWWWWW as molasses. The WD Live was never a speed demon but it was useable, but now, geez, what the heck did you people do???

I have 230 movies in my video library(network shares) and moving between pages is agonizingly SLOW, whether I use the built in theme or a user created one. I mean changing pages takes probably 5-10 seconds just to return movement to the user. On the prior version, it would take a second or so to display the next set of box covers and then good to go. not so anymore.

I couldn’t downgrade fast enough.

1 Like

Further too my last posting here, I returned to re try the media streamer a few hours later, and it suddenly was working  flawlessly!!

Though sadly this seems to point a finger back at the WD My Cloud NAS and its firmware update.

Hmmm

Phil

1 Like

Ive had mine since the first week it came out.  I use mine extensively with NFS to stream music/videos over wifi from Linux based laptop to tv. It sees all of my nfs shares and mounts them without any issues.  So far testing video playback works just fine.  With the last 2.x version that was all broke so I had to revert to the 1.x firmware but this one seems to be ok.  Tested a few services and Youtube works for me.  No reboots so far.  Must be one of the luck ones… Like the grid view a lot better than the old veiw. 

Im not saying this box isnt slow and buggy but this firmware update is a **bleep** of a lot better than the last one!

1 Like

Had upgradede on the day the update was released. Initially upgraded via a wireless connection and had no issues with the process.

However, I found some of my movies would just freezes in the middle of playback. I use the WDTVLiveSMP with a WD Elements USB3.0 HD on teh front port.

I then reset to factory default and loaded my preferred settings - but the issue persisted,

I then tried Netflix, and the movie would freeze somewher in the middle, and would not respond to the IR remote.

I flashed back to 2.01.86 via a USB key, and tested the same programs after a factory reset - all worked OK.

I then upgraded to 2.02.32 via a USB key - and did a factory reset, and tried Netflix - same issue.

So I have now moved back to 2.01.86 - will sit out this update until something newer/better comes out.

1 Like

michaeldk wrote:

i Cant play any movie from my NAS anymore. it just freeze up.

I have made a rollback of the firmware. but still it freeze up all the time.

I should newer have upgradet the firmware.

It looks like a problem when you play a that is larger than 2gb.

my NAS is connected via Networks shares.

Same problem here - I didn’t even have to start watching a movie - my device would freeze after 10-15 minutes just by turning it on.

I downgraded the firmware to ver. 2.01.86 again and everything was fine again.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/p/208%2C393/session/L3RpbWUvMTQwODYyMzcwNC9zaWQvbFM2bkJvKmw%3D

1 Like

I have had a similar experience with the update but appear to have fixed it.
After the 2.02.32 update, the unit would often freeze becoming either very slow (30 secs?) to respond to commands or totally unresponsive. It often wouldn’t even switch off necessitating disconnection of the power supply to reboot it.
I returned the unit to Officeworks Australia who provided a replacement on the spot (well done Officeworks).
I updated the new unit and it did exactly the same.
What I then did was to reset the unit to factory settings and all now seems to be well.
Interestingly, when I updated both of the units to the new firmware, the user interface was just the same as it was pre-update. But after the factory reset, the UI changed completely including a different mountain backdrop image.
A possible conclusion to draw is that the update installation is at fault, failing to install the new firmware correctly.

1 Like

The actual conclusion is that the new grid interface introduced with 2.02.32 apparently properly shows only after a reset which is another reason why resets have been recommended for firmware updates since pretty much forever.

1 Like

Further to my recent post, I thought I had this problem fixed with the reset which revealed the new grid interface.

However, the same UI unresponsiveness reappeared just as before after a few uses.

I discovered that by switching to the original UI (ie not the grid) the problem disappeared…

What is going on here?

1 Like

Bought a brand new unit , did an auto update of firmware… [Deleted].

thing is buggered, any idea when they are going to fix this ?

goint to do a rollback now hope that temp sorts the prob.

1 Like

apparently from my reading you  need to hit the reset button with a paperclip for 4 seconds for any update to take hold…

didnt help me , **bleep** drive keeps disconnecting halfway through a movie…

going to try the rollback will let you know how i go.

1 Like

gasman47 wrote:

Further to my recent post, I thought I had this problem fixed with the reset which revealed the new grid interface.

However, the same UI unresponsiveness reappeared just as before after a few uses.

I discovered that by switching to the original UI (ie not the grid) the problem disappeared…

What is going on here?

I’ve switched immediatelly from the grid (i.e. never used it) to the original (or to Legacy), and I still have issues.

My files are all on an ethernet -connected Samba network NAS (Zyxel NSA325), no USB drive attached.

VERY Slow navigation (WDTV has always been frustratingly slow and the reason why I’d like to find another media player, but this is ridiculous now!), freezing in the middle of a file, HDMI signal lost (therefore cutting off the picture/sound for several seconds)…

1 Like

legendsa wrote:

apparently from my reading you  need to hit the reset button with a paperclip for 4 seconds for any update to take hold…

Read where? The paperclip reset button does the same reset as Setup > System > Device Reset and it’s not needed for any update to ‘take hold’. It’s been shown however, that resetting the device before (to set the device to a defined state) and after (to clear any leftover settings) an update helps avoid weird effects people sometimes complain about after updating.