Never-ending WD2go Password problems - please help me

Dear All,

I bought a My Book Live for my home use and setup a private and public share successfully, and accessed it using WD2go (using my own account) and on my Blackberry.

This gave me confidence to recommend it for a brand new business client I’m working with … but since purchasing it I’ve had no end of problems, especially with WD2go which is ESSENTIAL to them as at at least 2 staff need to securely access files from their home PC.

The recurring problems is that the WD2go website keeps asking me for a password even after I’ve just set up a WD2go account (before asking me to choose one! It won’t accept the user password. My attempt to reset the password fails because - after typing in a new password - it says the link has expired.

I’ve tried removing accounts and trying to set them up again, but it makes no difference - the problems remain.

According to the manual, as soon as you set up a WD2go account, it’s meant to ask you to choose a new password, but not all accounts do this - is it remembering that the user had an account before ?

I hope I haven’t given you too much, or too little, information, to help me. I am so exasperated at the moment.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Julia

Hi, be sure to have the latest firmware update installed. 

How to update the firmware on a My Book Live or My Book Live Duo

You might also want to review the steps from the link below.

How to use a My Book Live running Software Release 2.0+ with WD 2go for the first time