Never buy any western digital product ever again

I just got off the phone with Western Digital Technical Support.

What a HORRIBLE experience.  I connected with people who can’t speak English as their first language (in other words, a United States company which outsources jobs OUT of the US - screwing over the American people by sending jobs overseas, denying our government tax revenue, and hurting the citizens of this country).

The first person I spoke with hung up on me while I was trying to read the serial number to him.

The second person I spoke with told me immediately that I am out of the 30-day free customer support timeframe.  Yes, that’s right, 30 days after buying one of their pieces of **bleep**, they no longer give a rat’s behind about you and they throw you to the wolves.  He told me my 2 year old box is WAY old and that I shouldn’t expect an electronics device to ever last that long.

MAYBE WESTERN DIGITAL PRODUCTS ONLY LAST THAT LONG.  My other computers (9 of them), laptops (3 of them), tablets (4 of them) and television all seem to work and have been around for MUCH longer than 2 years without ANY necessity to call customer support for ANY of them.

My suggestion:  NEVER BUY ANY WESTERN DIGITAL PRODUCT EVER AGAIN.

When I told the SUPERVISOR my plan to post - he said, “GO AHEAD - THEY’LL JUST DELETE THE MESSAGES.”

Hopefully you and others will read this first and be warned to NEVER BUY ANY WESTERN DIGITAL PRODUCT EVER AGAIN.

1 Like

Hi ArdVrk-SF, please check your private messages. 

I doubt that he will be back. His job here is done, a 33 message blitz without actually telling us what his problem is. Other than of course his issue with us foreigners taking American jobs and money.

I wonder what he would say if he knew the product was made in foreign countries and the share-holders of the company were also foreign. Welcome to the real world old chap.

richUK wrote:

I doubt that he will be back. His job here is done, a 33 message blitz without actually telling us what his problem is. Other than of course his issue with us foreigners taking American jobs and money.

I wonder what he would say if he knew the product was made in foreign countries and the share-holders of the company were also foreign. Welcome to the real world old chap.

First, I like to say hello WD Hub community — it has been an interesting 7 plus years with WD overall.

I’ve had my Hub since March 2011, and I always found myself lurking these boards w/out EVER commenting, UNTIL now.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

richUK, I’ve NEVER experienced any wannabe mini-Mod user on ANY forum boards as you.

You’ve belittle WD CUSTOMERS for their “constructive criticism” for FAR TOO LONG!

This post count that you so proud to claim (5000+), 92% of it is you mini-modding users as though that you so much superior to them, and you’re not even close.

Your’re not the back-bone to this community like –  DeVicious, Tinwarble, JoeySmyth,  TonyPh12345Community Manager Bill_S  Community Manager, etc.that has helped to keep this community adventurous. (kudos to you guys)

WD, you need to make a stand with this user – either keep him chastising YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS (and lose new customers or pre-existing) or start submitting infractions.

richUK, there’s an old saying - “If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.” :smiley:

Exposer wrote:

richUK wrote:

First, I like to say hello WD Hub community — it has been an interesting 7 plus years with WD overall.

I’ve had my Hub since March 2011, and I always found myself lurking these boards w/out EVER commenting, UNTIL now.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

richUK, I’ve NEVER experienced any wannabe mini-Mod user on ANY forum boards as you.

You’ve belittle WD CUSTOMERS for their “constructive criticism” for FAR TOO LONG!

This post count that you so proud to claim (5000+), 92% of it is you mini-modding users as though that you so much superior to them, and you’re not even close.

Your’re not the back-bone to this community like –  DeVicious, Tinwarble, JoeySmyth,  TonyPh12345Community Manager Bill_S  Community Manager, etc.that has helped to keep this community adventurous. (kudos to you guys)

WD, you need to make a stand with this user – either keep him chastising YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS (and lose new customers or pre-existing) or start submitting infractions.

richUK, there’s an old saying - “If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.” :smiley:

Thank you for your input. Its a honour that you actually took the bother to register just to post that message.

Out of interest, don’t you find anything ironic about your old saying and your first message?

Exposer… . Before you start ripping anyone else here you might check the private messages using the account you used to flood the forum with your problem. WD IS trying to contact you to try to HELP resolve your issue with your WDTVLIVEHUB. 

These are the types of posts and threads that discourage new users and current contributors.  I just signed up after buying a WDTvLive product and for the most part, I have had a good experience on the forums.  I just thought I would ad my two cents on this topic.  Hopefully I am not out of line here.  I still don’t understand what ArdVrk-SF had a problem with.

I think this may be his problem. Now that his other 29 messages have been removed its easier to find the real post.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-SMP-Discussions/Is-My-WD-TV-Live-Toast/m-p/595477#M23275

2 Likes

@vividvibe

Unfortunately, this sort of thing happens too often.  Don’t let it discourage you: 99% of the posts are not like this; they are folks asking for help and others helping them…

@Exposer

HUH???  Glad you didn’t diss me, and I wonder what planet you came from?

1 Like

@richUK

His OP seemed reasonable enough I suppose.

@mike27oct

I appreciate the encouragement and I plan to hang around.  I like the forums, they are very informative and entertaining.  I have learned many new things about my SMP.

@Exposer

Relax, bud.  Try not to take things personally if you can.

1 Like