The issue is that I get frequent “Network timeout” and “No UPnP service” errors when streaming audio.
- Advance Acooustic X-Uni streamer (http://advance-acoustic.com/en/hifi-elements/multimedia-player/19-x-uni)
- Western Digital MyCloud EX2 - firmware 2.10.310 (current)
- Twonky 7.2.9-6 which came installed on the WD EX2
- Wired Internet connection, which tests at 275 - 325 Mbps most of the time, and at a minimum of about 100 Mbps during busy times
- It seems that the relevant settings are basically correct. Sometimes I can play
several playlists one after another with no problem. On the other hand, either “Network timeout”
or “No UPnP service” may occur after the first playlist.
- I’ve don’t recall ever having had a timeout error with
anything other than streaming from the EX2.
- Immediately after rebooting the WD EX2, I can always play at least one playlist.
- Once a playlist is playing, it always completes i.e. a playlist has never been interrupted by
an error while playing.
- If I pause while playing, I can restart playing later.
- There’s no pattern to how many playlists I can play before getting an error - sometimes 1
or 2, but I’ve played as many as 5 or 6 in a row without a problem.
- I get “Network timeout” more frequently between about 1300 and 2200 UTC i.e. during
working hours in my time zone.
- Roughly 2/3 of the errors are “Network timeout” and 1/3 are “No UPnP service”.
- The only way I’ve found to get past these errors is to reboot the WD EX2.
Any thoughts? Thanks.